Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Stubborn places- let's make an impact on areas that are trouble spots in our homes! Tell us what you do this week!

School Challenge: School flat surfaces

Inspiring Thought:
    Creativity takes courage. - Henri Matisse

For me today:
    • finish up PTE
    • make an appt for the van- brakes need to be looked at
    • DMV- get my new license
    • grocery store
    • school
    • school planning
    • blog work- I've been praying for clarity in my work and through much revelation through new learning, I have it. I just hope I see the fruit from my efforts! Will you pray with me?
    • school room island
    • vacuum first floor
    • amazon order
    • laundry
    • studio time
    • photo shoot- I've asked Dan to help me get the portrait shots I want for my blog. These include the teens. I hope it turns out the way I have envisioned- if not in process then definitely in results!

The sun is out and will be shining today- a gift!

I could have renewed my license online, but I want a new picture. Hopefully, it's a fast thing this morning.

Please also pray for Isaac who is titrating up on a new pain med. It needs to start working!

Thanks for thinking of us.

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning Ladies,

Voting yesterday was crazy. Our polling place is a little country church down the road. It has a small parking lot in front of the church and directly off the road country road (with no shoulders). I have voted at every opportunity in the last 4+ years and the longest I have ever had to wait was 10 minutes. Dan has waited maybe 15 minutes before work.
    As we were approaching the polling place, the traffic was backed up with cars waiting to turn into the parking lot. There was at least 20 cars in the line. I turned off the road and we parked at a ball field and then walked 1/2 mile down the road, in the mud, to the church. Then we waited in line 45 minutes to vote. The attendant told us it would be an hour, but there were lots of kids in the line with their parents taking up space. I'm glad more people were voting (I guess?), but it was unexpected!

After we got home, we had to turn around and leave again in 15 minutes for church.

- - - Updated - - -

CH1: I didn't get to any cleaning yesterday. I am hopeful that today will be better!

CH2: Yes, my kids all have work to do on their desk and so do I.

IT: nice!

HW
    - Praying for you as you consider your next moves and that the work you are doing would be fruitful.

for today:
    school
    laundry
    PTE!!! - I really need to do this!
    some cleaning - I will post what I accomplish
    Amazon order
    early dinner
    Ash has dance at 5:30
    grocery store during dance class
    RAR live event? I was really hoping to do this live with the kids, but it overlaps Ashlyn's dance class? Maybe the other two can watch it live?
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

Praying for your requests, Heather!

Angela, the RAR event overlaps with our activities, too. Boo!

We get to be home all day until the evening activities! I'm very excited about it!!

*work on the kitchen--we got home at 9:00 and parked it on the couch last night. It's a wreck.
    *laundry--probably a couple of loads
    *kids' bathroom
    *salt dough
    *school
    *dd to gymnastics and church
    *ds to swim team
    *ironing

But first, I should shower....

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning!

Up to see Belle off, and couldn't go back to sleep, so I spent the time working on a "heritage" cookbook I'm making for one of my "extra" daughters. Her wedding shower is this weekend.

Today we are going to clean the kitchen very first thing, and then do our studies.

Other things to do: work on some administrative things for dance and soccer; make some phone calls for mom; get vet and/or grooming appointments for the dogs; post my vacuum for sale.

I'm making another soup today. This one will be acorn squash and apple.

Tonight we have Awana and choir at church. I have to have Boyo and K there at 5:30, and then I have to go at 7. It will be our first Wednesday this year without P's soccer practice, and DH is out of town, so unless Belle will be home, P will have to go with me and hang out. She can do school work or something. Belle is on her new schedule for the month, so we know what days she will be working every week, we just don't know what times. This week she goes in early and gets home early.

Heather, I will pray for the pain meds.

Angela, that was quite an experience! Our county only does mail ballots now. I hate it. I miss the community of the voting places.

Jen, the kitchen is my trouble area for today, too. May be be energetic and productive!

ETA: Could y'all please share how you use RAR in your families? And, given my kids' ages, would it be a good thing for us? Our days are already pretty full, and as you know, my energy is unreliable, but I am intrigued.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good morning, all

Heather -- praying for you to have vision and to be able to apply those visions! And for I

Jen for being home!!!

Angela -- we had no lines, but I was voter #32 at our little bitty voting place at 830 in the morning. Usually, I'm voter 10-15. There were lots of lines in other places in the county, though. No matter the party or the results, I'm THRILLED to see people getting out and voting and letting their voices be heard! That's what it's all about

Robin -- that's CRAZY about mail in only ballots!!! How does that work? Do you have to request them? Do you go get them and mail them in?

Today:
    Lots of various activity....
    * M is off to teach piano at 9-10
    * I have my permanent crown appointment at 1050
    * I'll get home and will run Cale to mandolin lessons
    * M has 4H (she started the Leadership club) from 330-530 (she can drive herself )

In the midst of all of that, we need to
    *do SCHOOL
    * more laundry
    * supper????
    * help/guide/monitor K with some scholarship stuff

That's about it.
    Ya'll have a good day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige -- way to go on the Christmas shopping

Had more comments from yesterday but got sidetracked and forgot

Heather -- hope the dmv goes quickly

Angela -- WOW that is a long wait to vote

Jen -- YAY for home day!!

Robin - cool on cookbook

Paige -- you have a busy go day! Hope the crown goes easily

Last night was FUN! Six of us rode together and the 7th was coming from different direction just met us at the restaurant. We ate and talked and laughed.
    Then all loaded up in 1 vehicle and went to mall until kicked out (closing time). Went to bookstore. It stayed open later. Stayed until kicked out. Then headed home.
    There was lots of laughing and joking. A really good night.

Today woke to rain. I went in and flipped off ds1 alarm. Figured if he was working it would be later. Sure enough a little later ds phone dings. He leaves it in the living room so it was next to me. I check it & it was boss saying "to wet to work now". I only checked his phone because I figured it was his boss. If it had been anyone else I would have just put the phone down. This way ds got a little extra sleep. He ended up waking a few minutes after the text.

Today:
    • sheets
    • pick a spot and work
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- I've snatched a few seconds on my POH today! Hung some laundry.

Jen- What's your salt dough project?

AR- it was light when we voted, but there was record turn out in our county.

Robin- We catch the author events and master classes when we can at RAR. It's also a lovely community of book lovers with kids. The mom book clubs are fun too.

Paige- Looking at your list, I'm happy not to have a senior this year!

So far:
    • finished up PTE and gathered my reusable bags
    • DMV- I was in and out in under ten minutes, I'm sure! Not a great picture but probably better than the last one. I'm just looking older. Ack.
    • grocery store
    • groceries in and away- still some things left to get all the way away
    • listed out assignments and supervised some school
    • started laundry before I left- hung some of it out
    • more laundry is being started now- taking advantage of a sunny day to hang clothes on the line!
    • watched a live art video with Nana- in the Art Clubhouse.
    • asked some questions- and I'm continuing to learn some blog strategies
    • started updating a post with my keywords- only to notice they are already in this post in some places. I'm suring it up and adding some important things like my course sales page.

Next up is to redo the main picture for this particular post and then I'm taking I. to campus to have lunch with R. She invited him over and she has guest swipes on her dining card.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Robin, I view RAR as more of a resource for me than for my kids. We catch the author events and classes when we can, too. I am bummed to be missing Kate DiCamillo live because she's great!! I got in at the beginning so I pay less than $50 for the year so I will probably keep it forever.

Heather, we were making salt dough maps--dd is finishing up Henry!

Michelle, that sounds like a great evening!

Paige, I hope the dentist goes well!

We're moving slow...
    *did one load of laundry and started another
    *morning basket
    *got started on school
    *did some work on the kitchen
    *dozed for about 20 minutes
    *pulled a shelf from the fridge to wash--I need to tackle all of them eventually

I found a cross-stitch pattern that's Christmasy I got last year and am wanting to make so I think I will run to Hobby Lobby while dd is in gymnastics so I can be working on that while I'm waiting at classes for the next few weeks!

Robin- I agree with Jen! It's a resource for me and fun to be part of the community there. I also taught a master class for Sarah, so I'm there to mentor a little (at least that's what I consider it- it's not official other than being a master class teacher).

Update:
    • hung more laundry
    • washed more laundry
    • took I. to lunch
    • worked on that image- I think I have a pattern I can be successful with in the appropriate size
    • picked up I and R
    • went to the mall- to get new shoes for R. Hers are falling apart and croc weather has come to a close even by her standards apparently.
    • chatted with R- she signed up for next semester this morning! Her science class is forensic botany.
    • commissioned R to make biscuits! I'm making potpie for dinner and this is awesome.

Ok...I'd better going with the white sauce for the potpie. Cannot use cream of potato soup or anything like that.

It's been a full day here. A good day, but a full one

We got a bunch of school accomplished
    My permanent crown got put on, and it wasn't an ordeal
    Cale made it to mandolin lessons, and I bought milk while he was there (we were completely out).
    I talked to both sisters and my mom (haven't done that in a while -- working out some Thanksgiving details).
    Requested K's transcript from UA for her CFA scholarship application -- hopefully it'll be here quickly!
    Started The Doll People #4 with Ben
    Got supper cooked -- "stuff" (ground beef with cream of mushroom gravy with carrots, onions, celery, and potatoes) served over rice/cauliflower rice, and green beans.
    Mattie made it to and from 4H just fine

A successful day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)