Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

We've been plugging along with the list all day and got lots accomplished.
    I decided on tacos for supper and was finishing up prep when Jim called to say that someone from corporate from another state is in town and wanted to go to dinner. So, he's not home for supper. NO biggie.
    Kids are enjoying tv with dinner
    I've been working on essays....

Katie got some scholarship stuff accomplished this afternoon Still more to do, but a big chunk of hard stuff is behind us! Whew! I'm hoping all of that can be finished up next week (BEFORE Thanksgiving).

UP next is a few more essays and typing out the assignment sheet for tomorrow's class.

Moving, moving, moving …. (and I'm really ready to call it quits for today ).
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

We are having a late fall this year. It is just now the first few trees are starting to turn. Our lows are still in the upper 40s of low 50s with highs in the 60s. Itís been nice. Iím happy for it to stay this way for awhile. But you never know what can happen in November here. I remember the year that we had Ruthanneís son here and it snowed on Thanksgiving day!

So far today:
    -baked muffins for dhís book study with some Japanese pastors after he asked an hour before hand if we had anything to feed them.
    -talked with ds about our plans for today. Iím giving him some time off from school to work on a film project (film is his elective class). We are going to make a Thanksgiving promotional video with a Rocky theme. Think frozen turkey with boxing gloves running through the city on the way to the church Thanksgiving.

For the rest of today:
    -math with W
    -math with H
    -math with A
    -Phonics with H
    -phonics with A
    -Science with A&H
    -help with the video shoot
    -clean out my freezers? I really hate cleaning out the fridge (at least the scrubbing and discovering old nasty stuff), but Iíve got to make room for Thanksgiving food and itís looking like my help will not be here this year. I need to get an early start and freeze some things. Therefore, I must have room in the freezer!

Cindy, the park looks lovely
    Heather, I like the IT. My science loving dd certainly asks a lot of intriguing questions!
    Michelle, I got to work on Christmas wish lists too. My MIL is asking for them.
    Robin and Angela, wow you are top of things with Christmas shopping and planning. I just bought my first item yesterday. Toothbrushes were on sale and they fit nicely in stockings.
    Jekka, you can do it!
    Anjie, Iím glad your resting and hope you get good results from your test!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Jekka - don't worry to much about your house. You have ALOT going on right now.

Angela - as I was scrolling down I read handicraft as handcuffs I thought "she reached her limit and handcuffed her kids

Robin - WOW senior pics

Anjie - hope you continue to feel better...take it easy like dr said

Paige - WAY TO GO KATIE & Yay to you for getting stuff done

Lindsey - Enjoy fall!!! Enjoy for me too. We went from HOT to cold

JoJo bows
    in case anyone wondered

Today was mostly me sitting in the truck waiting on ds1.
    I went and got the truck and ds1 loaded the needed supplies.
    Went to yard 1 where he did the weed eating, edging and blew everything off. Took almost 1.5 hours. Super long big ditch and huge yard, lots of trees.

Next stopped at yard he was going to do some flower bed work and shrub trimming.
    4 hours later he left and still wasn't done. It started out with a few things. Then when he would get nearly done she would come out and show him more she wanted done.
    He had told her about 3 hours in, I need to leave by _ time.(he still had a list from boss he was suppose to finish and this job wasn't suppose to take long)
    He worked the whole time, no goofing or piddling.

Dropped ds and all the yard stuff by house so he could start boss list (gutters, cleaning tractor & leaf vac etc)
    I ran to dollar store and got some buns for cheeseburgers and came back ready to do some cleaning before starting supper. Happened to walk by door and there was my stepdad in the driveway.

He dropped mama at an appointment and then came over here. Stayed about 45 minutes.

Ds1 finished jobs right before dark
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds