Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Stubborn places- let's make an impact on areas that are trouble spots in our homes! Tell us what you do this week!

School Challenge: Art supply inventory and project time. What are you working on?

Inspiring Thought:
    The scientist is not a person who gives the right answers, he's one who asks the right questions. - Claude Levi-Strauss

For me today:
    • call lyme clinic
    • call garage- make an appt for the van
    • make a dr appt
    • school
    • school planning
    • play games
    • read aloud
    • fold laundry- get to that ironing I mentioned last week. Ahem.
    • art time- with J
    • make applesauce
    • dust
    • studio time
    • learn Ninja forms- for the church website
    • hang some new art
    • blog work
    • choir

We need to get some work done on our van, but dh was hesitant to get the snow tires put on at the same time. I'd rather do it all at once. I do believe real snow is in our forecast this next week, so...it may happen for me.

Yesterday, I got to everything on my list. I don't think I reported in that I did vacuum!

It is cloudy today, but I don't think it will rain. Maybe we'll even see the sun.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Hi! Busy, stressful day yesterday. That thing from a month ago reared it's head. Ugh. Yesterday's list was getting hay, school, massage, dance, chores and I worked on CH1 without even knowing it!

Heather, we will be getting our snow tires on this week as well. It's time.

CH1: I started on my desk yesterday. It was BAD. It's not quite as bad today, but still going to take more work.

Today:
    -barn chores done
    -milk chores done
    -house chores are almost done
    -school is pretty big today
    -my desk
    -dance
    -meal plan for today, smoked chicken and autumn gratin potatoes. I want it at lunch, but need to ask dh is there is time to smoke them for lunch.

I'm sure there is more, but my brain is refusing to focus. Need to eat breakfast and get on with day!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Good Morning!
    Cold, crisp, and brightly sunny for 2 days in a row! Currently 30*F, but we are suppose to get up into the 40's. The leaves are beautiful, but the rain and wind earlier in the week took care of half them. There's still some pretty color hanging on though. We'll see what we end up doing today. A hike may be on the schedule, and leaf raking this weekend will have to involve a campfire out back to stay warm. Hopefully we won't get too much rain tomorrow. Today would probably be the best day to rake, but it's also the best day to hike. I'd love to go to Mohican State Park and climb the fire tower, but ds11 has band this afternoon. It's 55 miles, but would be a beautiful drive. Maybe we can still do it on Saturday. Here's a video. Can you imagine it in full color? We've only gone during the summer, but I want to catch the fall colors there sometime.

I don't think I've read here all week. I don't even remember. It's been a good week though.

For TODAY:
    • school with ds11
    • update school planner/journal
    • hike the woods and get caught in a leaf shower... Bliss.
    • homeschool band... I work on tutor lessons while he's in band
    • what's for supper?... not a clue.
    • +probably some picking up/cleaning up here and there, which is quite necessary but I'm avoiding

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Good morning!

We are set to get our first hard freeze this weekend, but after reading about everyone else's cold weather I guess we don't have it too bad. Stay warm!

I haven't made my specific list for the day yet, but it will basically be the orthodontist, school, volunteering, and swim meet. Things are all wonky because we don't have swim team practice since there's a meet tonight, but it will work out well because of the orthodontist and needing to get dd to my mom and dad's so they can take her to gymnastics while I head to the swim meet.

Have a great day today, friends!

Good morning!

Jen -- I'm like you -- we're getting colder here -- next week, highs are in the 50s (40s one day), and it's set to freeze a couple of nights. That's nothing compared to the SNOW the NE is expecting Boys are getting firewood stacked in the house and in the rack on the back porch today in preparation!

Cindy -- I bet that would be a beautiful drive with all the trees and their colors!

Here:
    * SCHOOL -- our morning
    * laundry is already going -- want to get this fully caught up today (including linens from the trailer from last weekend)
    * house cleaning this afternoon -- we're having company over tomorrow night for supper -- we're trying to play matchmaker so we've invited the potential "match," along with 2 other young couples and a couple of K's friends to come for supper and games. The male of the potential couple is a young preacher from MS, and he's preaching up in N. AL Saturday, so he's going to spend the night, also. SO, we have some general cleaning and some deeper cleaning to do today
    * grade essays before coop tomorrow!
    * work on tomorrow's lessons plans (I pretty much have them figured out, but I need to get assignment sheets prepped)
    * figure out supper

OH -- and Cale has to take a favorite holiday food for his Food Around the World class. I think he wants me to make strawberry pretzel salad, which means I need to make a trip to the grocery store.....

Ya'll have a good day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good beautiful morning

Heather -- hope your van is easily fixed

Shay -- smoked chicken sounds good

Cindy -- hope you get to go on your hike

Today is pretty but cool and windy. Yesterday the weather was calling for us to get snow showers Tuesday But today they say we won't get them No I am NOT ready for snow.

Not sure what today holds. Ds1 boss is going somewhere today. He told ds1 he would leave a list for him to do. So we don't know if ds is going to have to drive the mower all over town or do a few jobs around here or if it is something I can take him to (weed eating or limb trimming job). I know ds1 needs to get his drivers license (he has zero interest) but he still wouldn't have a way to carry a mower around. We would be sharing a vehicle.
    Ds1 isn't feeling so great this morning either.

Need to do:
    • store - out of trash bags
    • pick a spot & work
    • photo book

Yesterday I talked nephew to get what his kids want/need for Christmas. He gave me a few ideas. The little girl is into JoJo hairbows. He asked me if I knew who JoJo was. I said "uh no" He started laughing.
    Anyway he gave me a few ideas. Lucked up and 1 great nephew wants a movie that is only $5. Ordered it.

My niece told me what her boys wanted and we had what 1 wanted in the game cabinet, brand new game my boys didn't want and other one wanted a movie that I found for $8. Kinda excited to get the deals and mark people off of the list.

Have a GREAT day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning!

It's snowing at my house. Just thought you needed to know that.

Today, I have a few things on tap:

-table time with the kids
    -a run to Staples
    -maybe going with K to look at a car, if we can set that up.

Also, I'm continuing to clean and declutter. Our bedroom is in pretty good shape, but it needs to be vacuumed. Planning that for tomorrow. The office needs about an hour of work, and in the kitchen I have about a half hour to do in there before mopping happens. (being totally honest: that's not all the shoveling that needs to happen in the kitchen, it's just all I have time for today)

I made a call about a car, am going to call and order the couch, and am going to order some concert tickets. I also have 2 Christmas presents to order online. I've also taken care of my doTerra order for the month. There are several errands to run, but Belle is going to handle those for me this afternoon.

Did I tell you guys that K's senior proofs are in? I'm still trying to process that my cute little toddler is so grown. Just wow.

Heather, wow! You did your list yesterday! For me, those days are rare.

Shay, I'm sorry for yesterday's stress.

Cindy, that looks like a beautiful hike.

Jen, I'm glad it's all going to work out; scheduling can be such a bear.

Paige, matchmaking? How fun!

Michelle, I don't know what JoJo is either.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good Afternoon Ladies

CH1: Same stubborn place!

CH2: I have all the kids working on a handicraft to give to someone for Christmas.
    Logan is making one potholder with a loom. Even this is testing all of his patience.
    Ashlyn wants to make my friend Lea some crocheted coasters. I'm taking her to JoAnn's this afternoon for yarn and will help her with reading the pattern.
    Hannah wants to knit Ashlyn a Gryffindor scarf (Harry Potter). I will be helping her get started with that as well.

IT: Yes! I tried so hard to drive this home when I was teaching ps science.

HW - Way to go on getting that list done!

Robin - Sounds like a busy day - Happy ordering!

Paige - Let us know how the matchmaking goes!

Cindy - I hope you make it on that hike, its looks beautiful!

Michelle - Good job on getting the Christmas shopping started!

Jen - I hope your day goes smoothly!

Shay - That dinner sounds amazing! i hope you get to eat it today!

- - - Updated - - -

So far:
    Bible reading
    breakfast
    started laundry
    started school
    SIL called. I took the call, we talked for an hour. Dropping table time today
    gathering kids and refocused them on school

up next:
    lunch
    finish school
    quick shower for me
    errands:
    JoAnn's, Aldi, Costco to see if I left a jacket there on Sunday - I can't find it!

this evening;
    dinner
    make sure the kids fold and put away their clothes!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning!

Home Construction:
    More mudding/ taping. We broke down and bought the expensive, sticky tape - it doesn't make as great of a seam but it's so much faster to put up. We want to get this done.
    Our weekend goal (not sure it will happen) is to get the guest room done. Ryan is finishing mudding it today, then we can sand/ paint it tomorrow and Saturday. Once it's done, we can move our storage there. We thought about moving the storage there without it being done, but realized we'd probably never want to finish it if we did that.

For Today:
    Laundry - started
    More packing for storage
    Clear off the current storage shelves - sort into keep/ donate/ throw
    School Worksheets due tomorrow - I still have a few kids behind
    Lunch

Kids are currently watching Howl's Moving Castle while I panic about all the junk here. I have one week before my sister flies home for Thanksgiving - not that she cares in the least, she's the type that would like to come early and help get the house ready for everyone, but as the single child who lives farthest away, she's mom's perpetual guest of honor. My mom's nerves will fray off completely if I don't get my part of the house looking like an HGTV dream.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Good evening, everyone! It sounds like you've all had full days. I, however, had my upper endoscopy this morning and have been ordered to take it easy for the rest of the day. When we got home, I took a three-hour nap. Later this afternoon, I felt like my head was clearing, so I've gotten caught up on some emails and worked on my one student's recommendations. I have a phone meeting this evening, too, then will work on some lesson plans for my classes next week.
    Anjie, mom to Laura (22) and Erin (19)
    "Who will I be today: a fool or a teachable sinner?" - Charlie Peacock