Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Stubborn places- let's make an impact on areas that are trouble spots in our homes! Tell us what you do this week!

School Challenge: Tidy up from this week of school.

Inspiring Thought:
    Great literature has a unique power to reveal the epic spiritual nature of all human life. In a great paradox, imagined stories sharpen our value for what is real. - Sarah Clarkson, Read for the Heart

For me today:
    • get together my store list
    • mall- to get a Christmas tree for children's church next month (plus other stuff)
    • school
    • school planning
    • read aloud
    • play games
    • get the new Green Ember book- keep forgetting
    • make applesauce
    • art time- for all
    • hang new art pieces
    • bowling- 4pm
    • dust
    • tidy the kitchen
    • studio time
    • blog work

When my eyes fluttered open this morning, I saw a brilliant sunrise. Beautiful!

But, it's cloudy with rain and snow on the way.

I'll probably run over and get the tree after doing the work drop this morning. I'll already be out and it's not raining yet. Then the boys won't have to come with me closer to bowling when I'll be out again. Hopefully dh will agree to come bowling with us this week! R found out her lab is over an hour earlier than she thought all semester. So, she'll be there.

Would you all please pray for E? I spoke to him last night and he's not feeling well- lyme related not a cold. He's having to use his accommodations a lot. There's one class that happens later in the day that he's been missing a lot. Thankfully, he was there the other day and connected with the prof (he listens to the podcast of the class- he just has to email her and let her know he's not going to be there and she presses a button to record the class time. Then he can stream it later.). She was happy to see him and was even happier to know that he is going to minor in anthropology- that's the class she teaches. Anyway, he has an exam today. Thanks!

E is coming home next Saturday! He's a little bummed he chose Saturday because he's going to miss the last home game. Next year he'll know!

It's fun to see college kids grow. They have a lot to adjust to and fast. And I'm even happier they still check in!

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning Ladies,

HW - Praying for E. I'm so glad his professors and his school is making accommodations for him!

Yesterday, we finished school and ran errands. My jacket was not at Costco-stink! I hope it is at the church!
    My son was so disappointed at ALDI. The advertised a cheese advent calendar and it went on sale on Wednesday. They were all sold out yesterday, the cashier said they sold out within an hour of opening on Wednesday with a line out the door!
    By the time we got home, dinner was late.
    Then, I helped the girls get started on their craft projects.

goals for today:
    get table time started soon!
    more laundry
    Hannah will be dissecting a frog today!

this afternoon:
    general tidying
    Dan has a retirement party to attend this evening.
    The kids and I will have pizza (a take n' bake from Costco), work on craft projects, and watch something.

*** I read the kids "Anne of Green Gables" this past year, and they all loved it. We re currently listening to "Anne of Avonlea" in the car. Logan isn't loving this, but he tolerates it in the car and also enjoys the parts about the twins.
    Anyway, my friend Lea recently lent us her copy of the "Anne of Green Gables" mini-series with Megan Follows. I was so excited to share this with the family as I have very fond memories of watching this when I was a kid. I watched it with my mom on PBS and also watched it with my cousin/ best-friend several times. We started it last Friday and Dan was not excited to watch it. He was going to go do something else, but I asked him to stay and watch it with us. He was surprised to find that he really enjoyed it and he asked me NOT to watch it tonight with the kids since he won't be with us and he doesn't want to miss out. - Win!!

- - - Updated - - -

Also...My church just recently opened a Instagram account. They post pictures from different events and have also begun to post updates on some of the much needed renovations they are doing to the 100 year old building.
    In one of the renovations pictures yesterday, I spied a large chalkboard they are removing from an unused classroom and I asked if it was slate? I was told it was and that I can have it if I can pick it up on Sunday!! woot!
    Now, I just need to convince Dan we need this in our home even if it means hanging it in the hallway - ha!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Heather, praying for E! So glad the professors are willing to work with his accommodations. I know they’re required to, but sometimes they do at grudgingly. My boys come home next Saturday as well. The whole family is getting excited to have them back.

Angela, score on the slate! And I’m glad that everyone is enjoying the end of Green Gables series!

Today’s list:
    Exercised this morning with Becca
    Becca and Julie did the barn chores
    I started some bagels. I quadrupled the batch and my KitchenAid is out of commission currently. My four arms and shoulders are killing me.
    Currently at the tire place dropping off the snow tires in the vehicle. Rod has a truck with all the tires and I have the first vehicle to get them swapped. Then Rod will keep swapping vehicles all day until they all have their tires switched.
    Kids have started school at home
    Finish bagels
    Work on school with the kids
    Laundry should be a priority today is well
    House chores, yup, it’s getting ugly again! LOL

OK, I’m on my phone it will not let me scroll up to edit. So please excuse all typos.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Good morning!

Heather, I think you and your college kids are rocking this! Praying for E!

Angela, I watched that Anne with my mom and dad as a kid when it was shown on PBS. I need to show it to the kids. We read the book last year and I think I almost still like the movie better.

Shay, hand mixing sounds like a workout for the day!!

Never got back on last night. Ds has a swim meet (he won his freestyle race!) and by the time we got home it was getting close to 9:00 so I didn't get much else done.

Today's plans:
    *grocery pick up (and going in for a couple of things)--done
    *school
    *bake cake--going now...should probably work on sweet potatoes, too
    *call in dd's rx--done, and I guess I need to add Walmart to the list
    *our bathroom
    *skating
    *Walmart
    *Books to Treasure--program at the library

We may go out to eat with friends before the library. And I may be bringing an extra kid or two home to work on Spanish between skating and the library. I need to figure this all out!

Have a great day today, friends!

Heather -- so glad E's professors are working with him & praying for him

Angela -- hope you find your coat! Sorry about the advent calendar. Wahoo on chalkboard!

Shay -- I was watching hsn a few minutes ago and they had 5qt kitchen aid mixers on sale. I was drooling. I am thankful for my regular stand mixer but man this kitchen aid was nice.

It is cold (35) and gray this morning. I did NOT want to get out of my warm bed this morning.
    Ds1 didn't have to work & we are moving slowly.

I am not sure what I did to my coffee this morning but it is HORRIBLE.

Thinking about going to Rulers to do some thanksgiving shopping. I need stuff but I don't want to leave the house

Whatever I decide to do I know school is happening (he is working now) and I will pick a spot and work.

WAY TO GO JACK

Have a GREAT Friday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

AR- Ack! Slate you lucky girl! What a blessing! We love our slate. Also, my boys liked Anne of Avonlea, but we haven't started Anne of the Island yet. Soon!

Shay- Will you get the mixer fixed? Or get a new one?

So far:
    • made lunch and the did the work drop
    • mall- picked up the tree and some supplies and meds
    • loaded the dishwasher- ready to run
    • cleaned off the school table- some
    • did mapping the world with art- with I.
    • passed a stone- which was most excellent
    • just started the dishwasher
    • sent a note asking dh to help me pick out a monitor- I'm looking to get one for my laptop to hook up to for my birthday using gift money (I also need a new phone!)
    • algebra with the 11th grader

Things I did yesterday and didn't report back on:
    • made a form and did work on a fundraising page for the church website
    • tidied the kitchen
    • went to choir- we've started practicing Christmas music which is fun
    • vacuumed the first floor
    • played some Uno and some Quiddler with the boys
    • did a lot of work in Pinterest
    • tweaked some more high school posts
    • folded laundry
    • did the ironing!
    • chatted with both college students

School is humming.

It's SNOWING!

I think I'll keep moving.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

It's beautiful and sunny today, but dang cold.

We have done table time, and then I took the girls up to the church. They are on the OCC committee and they are helping to set up the fellowship hall for tomorrow's packing party. I'll pick them up at 12:30 because we have another car appointment. Car shopping takes time! But K has saved her money and is ready to roll.

I'm cleaning out our diffusers and vaporizers. It's one of those things that should be done more often. Boyo is working on independent school.

The kids' winter soccer league started last Friday night. It's a weird combination of low key and fiercely competitive. There are 4 teams in the league. The teams are co-ed, and the ages are from 8 to adult. No practices, but they all play every Friday night. There are even alternates, and stats are kept. I will ride with them to their game and watch; it's fun. And DH will pick me up there and we will go out to eat. Hoping to check out a new area restaurant specializing in meatballs. He got home late last night after being gone since sunup Monday morning. It will be good to catch up.

I didn't get everything accomplished that I wanted to this week, but I did make huge progress, so I'm feeling pretty good.

Heather, I'm sorry that E is struggling with the Lyme.

AR, we had that same experience with DH and Lark Rise to Candleford.

Shay, on the exercise.

Jen, go Jack! on the freestyle.

Michelle, I felt that way about our cold and gray yesterday.

Enjoy this day, friends!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

• school work
    • wm - got trash bags & all the paper goods for our hs group thanksgiving fellowship
    • Rulers - stuff for thanksgiving dinners (pie stuff, mac & cheese stuff & eggs) & another cheap turkey
    • bank - ds1 needed to cash check
    • coffee house - boys treated me to a coffee
    • made fellowship lists on group page - who is coming - what foods brought - so all in 1 place
    • decided on supper
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

I've been out pretty much all day! Erin had an appointment that lasted all morning about half an hour away. When that was over, I drove home, dropping her at school, then picked Laura up and went back past where I was with Erin and about 20 minutes further to take her to an appointment. After stopping at the bank when we got back to town, I was able to curl up with a cup of coffee, some blankets, and a book. It's chilly and rainy today, so I'm extra thankful to be in for the rest of the day.

I'm feeling pretty good after my scope yesterday, just still a little tired. Thank you for all of your kind words!

The rest of today will be spent cleaning up the kitchen, cooking, and preparing for my classes on Tuesday. I did get a bunch of that done during Erin's long appointment this morning.

Heather - sorry E isn't feeling well. I'll pray for him. Lyme is rough!
    Angela - so cool about the chalkboard!
    Shay - I need to make bagels, too. Thanks for the reminder!
    Michelle - horrible coffee?! I wonder what you did?!
    Robin - a restaurant specializing in meatballs? Sounds ingriguing!
    Anjie, mom to Laura (22) and Erin (19)
    "Who will I be today: a fool or a teachable sinner?" - Charlie Peacock

This morning we worked on school and I baked the cakes, too. We went to skating and then picked up a friend to work on Spanish.

We stopped by Walmart to pick up dd's rx and ran into our old neighbors! It was so good to see them!

Now the kids are working on Spanish and I need to hang some towels to dry--the cats detached the dryer hose again!