Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Not sure what I did but it was The coffee house coffee was

• washed dishes
    • straightened the kitchen
    • cleaned microwave
    • fixed supper
    • washed dishes
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Anjie- That's a lot of driving! Lyme is rough. Our oldest was diagnosed more than four years ago and has been in intense treatment with a Lyme specialty clinic in Washington, DC for three years or more. He is considered infection free, but he still has a lot of damage to work through. He's got a lot of accommodations at the university to help him to be successful there. He is a 20yr old freshman. Our third child was diagnosed a year ago and goes to the same clinic. They are still treating him for active infection and co-infection and still trying to get control of his nerve pain. Our youngest has chronic abdominal migraines that he sees a neurologist for. It's a lot to keep after! But, I know you know the drill after reading your update in the alumni thread.

Robin- How were the meatballs? Speaking of dates, dh bought tickets to see the Indigo Girls when they come to town in March and it sounds like we are going to get tickets to see John Crist when he comes to Rochester in May!

Michelle- I spent time on my porch today taking pictures! Of snow! Is your hs group Thanksgiving next week?

Jen- Are you doing your own Thanksgiving next weekend?

Speaking of Thanksgiving, girls...it is like two weeks away, right? Seems to be coming up pretty fast!

But first! My birthday! Is on Monday. I am hoping to get this new monitor, but I am doubtful I'll be able to get it. We'll see what happens with some developer work on my site.

I need a new phone. I am hopeful for the Pixel 2 on Cyber Monday which is when Dan picked up his Pixel last year. Right now he's running a calibration on my phone's battery. I adore my phone. I wish I didn't have to get a new one. This one is two years old and I burn through smart phone batteries. It's no joke.

Since earlier:
    • finished up school
    • went bowling- picked up dh to join us
    • made dinner
    • had dishwasher emptied- and reloaded, though I need to do more from the counters and sink
    • had J bring up my desk foot warmer - and turn it on. Mmmmm...I'm at my desk now with my feet on top of the mat. Best. Gift. Ever.

Been a long time since I've sat at my desk. It's pretty clean, but the school table has giant windows next to it and I can sit and work there while the boys are doing school. My desk is in the media room on the opposite side as the boys' computers where they work. It's noisier here.

Ok...I can't really decide what to do this evening. I should clean or write, but I just want to play. But, I'm lacking energy for that so...what will I do?

For now, it will be sit here and enjoy this mat!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- hs thanksgiving is next Saturday. Hope you get a new monitor and new phone. That foot warmer sounds lovely
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Michelle- Thanks so much! I shouldn't be whiny. The foot warmer is amazing. If this isn't the one I have, it's very close.

I chose to read ahead in our next read aloud- Anne of the Island. I'm sure it's going to be too sappy for the teenage boys, but you never know. Thoroughly enjoyable read.

Plus, I caught up my bujo with my daily quotes.

One boy has gone to bed. The other is preparing. Stage 2 of our nightly four step ritual has begun. Before long I'll be playing a low key game with J and then listening to Harry Potter before he goes to bed after 11:30.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- do you wear your shoes with the mat? Has the routine helped J?

Heather, we're doing our Thanksgiving today! I need to calculate cooking time because we also have a late afternoon birthday party...

We had a great time at the library program last night. The illustrator was Shadra Stirckland and she gave a great talk. It's always interesting to see how they actually make their art!

Michelle- I can keep my shoes on or off. If my feet are especially tired, I'll take my shoes off. If not, it just warms the whole corner by my desk. It's super low energy, so it is inexpensive to run.

The routine does help J. He gets off his computer and gets ready for bed when his brother heads there. Then we play games or hang out, but nothing intense. Then we do audio listening, pray, and he heads up. He takes his meds about an hour before he goes to bed. By the time we're finished, he's ready to sleep.

What we don't do anymore is send him to bed when he is not sleepy. The neurologist says that not only is that not helpful, but it is detrimental to sleep. They consider him to not need as much sleep and part of sleep hygiene is to only use your bed for sleeping.

I've been successful in getting him backed up to 11:30 vs midnight which is better for me. I have a little time to gather my thoughts before I sleep and still get to bed by midnight and not 12:30.

But, during the day, he has MUCH less migraine activity.

And, if we don't do the whole routine (which is really just a step down of activity until bedtime which just begins to relax his brain), it does affect the next day negatively.

He cannot sleep when E is home (E is in the top bunk and is not a good sleeper due to Lyme damage), so he'll be in our studio room on the floor. Not sure how that's going to work at Christmas or the summer time yet...