Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Entryway, foyers, mudrooms, and laundry areas- hoe them out, clean them up, organize the space, and get rid of something.

School Challenge: Art supplies- organize, inventory, and use them! What are you making this Advent season?

Inspiring Thought:
    Always be on the lookout for the presence of wonder. - E.B. White

For me today:
    • school
    • school planning
    • chemistry planning
    • dust- boys to do this
    • laundry
    • make a store list
    • care package work- this may include baking
    • play games
    • studio time
    • blog work- fairy gardens mostly
    • reading time
    • plant meeting
    • Christmas work- I started orders last night.

It's sunny this morning! Holy wow when is the last time this happened? It's been weeks. It's also 15 degrees so the snow is crunchy under foot. My favorite!

Today I'm home all day and if I decide I want to hit the mall, it will be on toward when I get dh from work. R will be coming home to work on her project today, but that will be later this morning or maybe afternoon. The fashion design students are presenting work from two classes on Friday along with the upperclassman. They have a fashion graphics class meeting this morning even though classes are finished at this point. Her final project is so great! Hint: She had a brain model 3D printed for it. I only know part of the project. The other piece is under wraps until Friday.

Have a fun homeschool day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

So far:
    • lunch made and work drop complete
    • started today's laundry- it's R's laundry
    • folded a load of laundry
    • dusted my bedroom

That's a good start to get things grooving. I'll have the boys dust the first floor after school work is finished.

You all must be humming this morning!

Oh...and the sun is gone.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning. It's starting out a little gray today, and is 36 degrees.

I overslept. I got up to see Belle off at 4:30, and then couldn't get back to sleep solidly. Lots of wakefullness and a few nightmares. Ugh.

Big things on for today:
    -school
    -put away Christmas boxes
    -haul give-away stuff out to the car
    -trip to the grocery store
    -work on the console (and pick up the insides if we have to)
    -laundry

And I'm sure a few more things I have forgotten.

Heather, that project sounds amazing!

Have a good day, everyone.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Impromptu history lesson with the former President's funeral. So many good speeches. Oh my.

Been busy getting nothing done this morning. I'll post more later, but , Heather, did you know what Alan Simpson was referring to with his move from the A-list crowd to the Z-list crowd? Neither dh nor I know and google was not helpful clarifying whatever happened... Loved all the speeches!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Quote Originally Posted by ShayChristie View Post
    Been busy getting nothing done this morning. I'll post more later, but , Heather, did you know what Alan Simpson was referring to with his move from the A-list crowd to the Z-list crowd? Neither dh nor I know and google was not helpful clarifying whatever happened... Loved all the speeches!
    No idea, but he out lasted the president in Washington. So, whatever it was blew over. Based on my reading, I would guess it was maybe stances on policies that were not in line with his party.

Update:
    • watched former president's funeral- great civics lesson for the high schooler
    • discussed Algebra
    • assigned more school work
    • picked up R- from her meeting which wasn't over and was annoying because other students were not finished. She needed to leave and get working on her other project due tomorrow.
    • swept the kitchen floor
    • swept the foyer and powder room floors
    • switched laundry
    • started more
    • folded some laundry
    • loaded the dishwasher- and started it
    • washed up some dishes
    • looked over the two chemistry sets on CK-12. Blerg. The one we've going with is not providing enough detail and problems.

The sun has started to set. It came back out this afternoon. So, I'm sitting at the kitchen table to enjoy some sun. It's starting to sink behind a ridge.

The funeral derailed our school day, but that was an awful lot of civics. Eulogies, stories, character qualities, and lots of etiquette and ceremony. Worth it!

So, in fun wife stories, I texted Dan this afternoon with a love you! And he was giving a training and forgot to close our text chat window. It flashed up for everyone to see. hahahaha Good thing it was just a short, sweet message.

Really not entirely up for going out to that meeting tonight. I really cannot handle old women ranting on social topics. Last month was crazy town. Cra-zy.town.

Good afternoon!

Home Construction
    Finished priming the entire house
    Painted main bathroom
    Mopped main bath
    Put in toilet that actually fits main bath!!!

At Home
    Lunch
    School
    Youth Group
    Clean living room
    Clean bathroom
    Clean out fridge

Oops! I forgot to hit send on this when I wrote it out.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Wow, Jekka, you're rolling along!

K and I have been working on her console. We called the electronics guy and we can wait until Friday to pick up the parts, and I think we can be finished by then. We have to remove the stripper, sand, use mineral spirits, and then stain. We also need to build new blocks to attach the rollers. K is cleaning up the hardware right now.

P is cleaning the kitchen and baking while listening to "Where the Red Fern Grows." That's an irresistible story for me.

Boyo has put away the boxes of Christmas decorations and is showering. With those out of the way, I was able to put the living room back together and hang stockings. Between fellowship dinner and choir, I hope to run to the grocery. We didn't get to HD today but that's ok.

I'm totally distracted by this story. I will close and just sit and listen.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.