Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Entryway, foyers, mudrooms, and laundry areas- hoe them out, clean them up, organize the space, and get rid of something.

School Challenge: Art supplies- organize, inventory, and use them! What are you making this Advent season?

Inspiring Thought:
    I have found that my own plans work best when I live within the limitations and strengths of my own personality and make plans that suit my particular circumstances. - Sally Clarkson

For me today:
    • school
    • school planning
    • laundry
    • have the first floor dusted
    • chemistry plans- I only further discovered inadequacy of materials yesterday
    • store list
    • care package work
    • studio time
    • reading time
    • Christmas shopping- possibly at the mall and online
    • blog work- fairy garden...so close!
    • choir

Yesterday took an unexpected turn with inserting that civics lesson on a statesman's funeral. Let's see what today holds!

It's cloudy, as usual, but at least there is snow on the ground. That makes everything brighter so I hope we keep some as the temps go up and down.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning!
    We have some filtered sun this morning. At least it's not totally grey today. I'll take it!
    We are suppose to be getting a couple inches of snow this afternoon. We have a half inch or so now, just enough to give the grass some white, but not totally covered. It looks nice this morning.

Busy, busy here. Concert week is coming, beginning on Saturday with one of 3 dress rehearsals. Then 3 concerts from Sunday afternoon through Friday night next week. We are hardly getting any school done this week, and next weekend will most likely be the same. So honestly, I'm just embracing it at this point and letting it be whatever it turns into. I have tutoring through the 19th and then we're heading to MI on the morning of the 20th for an early family Christmas gathering on the 21st. Where's the frazzled Santa smilie?

I need to work on gifts for my parents this week, plus sibling families. I usually get them Lehman's popcorn and whatever other little treats I decide on. Sometimes honey, or fudge. I did get some pecan pumpkin butter already. That was something new I hadn't seen before and the sample I had in-store was very tasty! Plus I need to get gifts for ddApril/Eric. Holy cow! We hardly ever have Christmas early, but this year we wanted it have it before my nephew's family goes to the in-laws in Florida right after Christmas.

So school has been mostly read alouds and math. That's it. I have up only a few Christmas decor items so far, mixed in with some fall stuff I haven't taken down fully yet.
    I am not being at all organized this year. All my "extra" time is going to tutoring (which I love) but I haven't been successful (yet) at managing my home time differently. I always think I'll get up and work on tutoring lessons in the mornings while it's quiet, and then I don't. I clean instead because part of my sanity needs things cleaned up.

OK. Now I'm rambling.

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • unloaded the dish drainer and rinsed dish in sink
    • cleaned the cast iron griddle from dh's pancakes last night
    • washed up the mixing bowl and a small pot
    • cleaned the counters
    • enjoyed some social media time

For the rest of TODAY:
    • morning school with ds11
    • make Christmas gift lists... flying by the seat of my pants has my brain very anxious right now
    • music store stop for wire music stand... we used to have 2 and now we have the top to one and bottom to second, and they don't fit together. What happened?
    • homeschool band practice
    • what's for supper?.. I got some fish out to thaw, so at least I'm on top of that at the moment

Here's to a productive day! Enjoy!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Good morning!

We're hoping to have snow this weekend, Heather! So maybe I won't have to be jealous!

Today is a super busy day--trying to get some extra things done so we won't have to go out this weekend if the weather is bad!
    *PTE/grocery order--done
    *laundry--done
    *food pantry--going in the morning this week
    *swim team
    *Hobby Lobby
    *Street Cats
    *Home Goods
    *Walmart
    *library program for ds
    *gymnastics--and we'll eat out afterward

Pretty much a marathon...I'm already looking forward to climbing into bed.

Have a great day today, friends!

- - - Updated - - -

Lots going on Cindy!! It sounds like you're doing a great job at it all, though!!

Thought I got on yesterday but apparently didn't.
    I stayed busy most of the day doing minor things.
    Jekka - yall are moving and grooving with the house.

Ds1 doesn't have to work today. So I think we are going to make a quick trip to the stores. He needs to do some Christmas shopping and I need to pick up candy for the parade tonight.

Tonight is our town Christmas parade. Our hs group is going to be in it. I am sure that means the kids riding on a trailer sitting on haybales (we don't go all out on a float) and the moms walking behind the trailer. Dads usually ride in the truck pulling the trailer.
    We will be tossing candy....that I don't have yet

Today:
    • store
    • laundry
    • decorate yard????
    • put together casserole for freezer
    • supper?? - candy??
    • parade

It is gonna be cold tonight.

Have a great day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Cindy- I hope you can keep up running into this next week. Lots of people seem very busy this year.

Jen- Survive your marathon day! And I hope you get snow.

Michelle- Have fun shopping!

So far:
    • loaded the dishwasher
    • made a lunch
    • did the work drop
    • started some school planning
    • working on algebra

That's about it so far. I haven't started laundry yet and I'm sitting doing school with the 11th grader.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning! It's still morning, right?

Been busy the past few days. Read a few times, but no time to sit and comment. I was usually reading from my phone.

Tuesday was chores, school, dance, PO to pick up packages, some Christmas shopping around town and a mammogram. Yay. We do not get the results right away, so we'll see what happens. But they got a new machine which actually took pretty cool pictures and the tech showed me how it works and the pics it took. Kind of cool.

Yesterday, Rod was home unexpectedly. Federal holiday meant he didn't have to go in since he was going to be doing administrative stuff. He got some of his project list done and did the dance drop off. I did chores, some school, and then while he took everyone for dance drop off, I moved some stuff from Tuesday's shopping and packages that was in my car into the house. Sorted and distributed. I took Jon for his class and had to pay monthly fee and costume balances. Blah. Then Rod picked up the girls after dinner.

Today:
    -barn chores done, with Josh's help. He is growing so fast and so stinkin' adorable. Chattered all the way down and back. Jessie is his favorite cow in the whole world. And the guineas are too loud. He collected eggs and filled the chickens' feeder. And gave Jessie cow cookies.
    -house chores were done by Bekah and the other Js
    -Josh was sent in to warm up and Juls and Jon helped me bring 3 tractor buckets of firewood to the porch. Bekah filled the living room spot.
    -Jon and Josh are playing MarioCart for now
    -Bekah has been working on school
    -lunch is in the IP(chicken baja tacos)
    -pack up the go bags for a trip to Bangor
    -Bekah has dance there
    -we will hang at McDs or ChikFilA and do school and play on the play space while snacking on fries.
    -pick up Bekah
    -Lowe's for a Christmas tree
    -home for evening chores
    -BED!!

Note to whoever might be interested! Walmart had a lot of backpacks marked down to $2-3. Rod brought home 3 from Texas for the kids, but our kids just got new packs in June. We decided to use them for the giving tree. Rod went shopping in Bangor Tuesday and bought a few more there but was short some boy style ones. I checked out ours and bought 3 and then Rod went last night and bought a bunch more. We'll buy some toy items to stick inside them. Some were 5-pc sets with back pack, lunch bag, water bottle and pencil case and something else. We bought Minions, Moana, Trolls, Patriots and some that were either dotted or chevrons.

Have a great day, ladies!!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Hello all

I never made it on yesterday. I don't even think I've read the thread. It was an insane day yesterday

-- Tuesday night about 9:30, Katie came downstairs saying, "I think there's something wrong with my toe!" Yeah. That was mild ….. She stubbed it at my parents' over Thanksgiving, and she took toe nail polish off last night. Her big toe nail was GREEN and was separated at the base and side. I was afraid it was infected, so I took her to the dr in Columbus. Thankfully, there's no infection, but she's going to lose her nail. She has an antibiotic cream to put on the "open" base and side until the new nail has grown out at least 1/2 way to keep infection at bay.
    -- ran by the base for meds -- got there, and the back gate was closed up tight -- I'd forgotten about a federal holiday!
    -- back home
    -- found out today is the last day for the BOGO ATT deal on phones. My phone has been dying for a while -- for mother's day, Jim got me a portable charger that I haul around with me because it dies constantly. Then it's gotten to where it just freezes and shuts off. Plus, M isn't thrilled with her little one, so we decided to do the BOGO deal (M is paying for her half ). So, I drove to town and spent 2 hours at ATT. I always feel violated when I leave -- so many hidden charges, up front charges, etc. BUT, it's become a necessary evil ….. I wound up with the XR and am liking it thus far Much better than a dying one.
    -- got home -- M and K had worked on soup supper -- left 30 mintues later with said soup to go to church to meet another family to clean. We ate soup and then cleaned the church (it's our month)
    INSANELY busy day!!!

Today is:
    school
    tidying
    I desperately need to do laundry -- way behind …..
    wrapped some presents
    allergy shots at 230
    supper? I'm thinking pork chops, so I need to get those out and unthawing

Sorry I haven't been "conversing" -- just too much activity and no time to slow down properly ….. Soon ….
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige- So glad she saw the nail! Nail polish is a funny thing... a lot can happen underneath it. I hope today is more calm.

Shay- Your barn chores partner sounds sweet and congratulations on getting your shopping going.

Update:
    • got some laundry washing
    • folded a load
    • had some lunch
    • read aloud to the boys
    • did art with J
    • updated assignment books
    • updated my planner
    • found the craft for children's church- this week is the Bethlehem candle and we're going to decoupage the hymn, O Little Town of Bethlehem onto a wood slice and then pen in the city silhouette.
    • had the dishwasher loaded more

Inching along here today. I think I will review what needs to be finished today by the boys and then start work on Fairy Gardens.

Seriously. I am having a crazy time getting this care package settled. There is an Amazon locker across the street from E's residence hall. Everything I've picked so far for food can't be sent to the locker.

The pantry items won't get there until Sunday. His last exam is Monday morning.

He doesn't leave until Thursday- four days after his exam, but STINK.

I'm missing it. Unless I can get something in that locker. Blerg!

Ok...I'm currently settled on using a food delivery service to deliver a CFA meal to him. Let's see how that is going to work out...