Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meal thread January 6-11

Default Meal thread January 6-11

Here we go with another meal thread; I am off to Sunday dinner at church.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

6th - cereal...Everyone snacked late so I didn't cook

7th - chicken parmesan casserole & green beans
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Last night: burgers with the works. Tonight: Becky-Jane's French dips for the guys, Vietnamese vegetarian Bahn Mai for me.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Last night I made turkey tetrazzini for the first time - it was good! I kind of improvised, making my own white sauce, using peas but no mushrooms (because I didn't have any) and a topping of bread crumbs and Parm cheese. It was like comfort food from the '70s.

Tonight is tacos.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Last night we had sausages and gravy over mashed potatoes, with squash and peas for veggies. Tonight Awana starts up again, so we are having leftovers.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd11, ds9 1/2, ds8 and ds6 1/2.

Last night was sausage and chicken with fried potatoes and cucumbers- because my 18yo absentmindedly cut up a cucumber thinking it was a zucchini.

Tonight I'm cooking a pork tenderloin with veggies and maybe rice.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Last night I cooked Sweet Thai Chili Chicken in the IP and had peas and brussel sprouts on the side with peaches

Tonight is lasagna (homemade from the freezer) with a salad and some green beans (for the kids who don't like salad) and a baguette from Publix.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Last night I cooked Tuscan Chicken in the IP. I won't be cooking it again.

Tonight we're having porcupine meatballs in the IP with garlic green beans on the side; tomorrow is fellowship meal at church; Thursday is IP Chicken Lazone (a favorite), Friday I will be making some sort of fun soup, and Satuday I'm doing a roast chicken. Except I'm not. I just remembered as I'm typing that we have an event on Saturday night, so our meal will be early and light, with something more at Applebees at around 11. So, the roast chicken moves to Sunday.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Yesterday was Ryan's birthday, so I made Indian butter chicken. I made everything from scratch instead of sauce from a jar (which is unavailable out here in this food desert . Ryan said I went over and above on dinner, which as picky as he is, is high praise indeed! I also made a coconut cake from scratch. Tonight I am making a very old recipe called Pedro's special.

There is a medium-sized snow prediction for tomorrow so the grocery stores are crazy.

And since I don't want to go anywhere tomorrow before it starts, I went today (just like everybody else). Tonight is homemade turkey noodle soup with the last of the frozen broth from Thanksgiving, with salad and sourdough bread.

Tomorrow will be baked salmon because Aldi has it at 7.69/lb right now and I got the last two packages. We'll have roasted asparagus and garlic toast with it.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry