Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday DECLUTTERING!

Default Friday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- kids' rooms, master bedrooms, guest bedrooms. Regular cleaning and then go beyond- vacuum under the beds, dust the windowsills, etc.

School Challenge: Tidy up from this week of school.

Inspiring Thought:
    The cost of a thing is the amount of what I will call life which is required to be exchanged for it, immediately or in the long run. - Thoreau

For me today:
    • meeting time
    • read aloud
    • art time
    • play a game
    • update planners
    • school island- started yesterday (need to find a good spot for a box of microscope supplies)
    • laundry- some washing but lots of folding
    • tidy the kitchen
    • rearrange appliances- to get some small ones off the counters
    • work transport- including R to campus (she's doing concessions at the hockey game tonight)
    • blog work
    • reading time- time to get ready for book club
    • group work- emails
    • start a roast/pull meat from the freezer

It's Friday! This week went quickly, I think. E reports that the second semester has started fast and furious. He easily has over 500 pages of reading to do a week. Please pray for him as reading, which used to be his super power, is one of the things most diminished from his Lyme. He's much slower and doesn't retain as much as he used to. Before Lyme, he read fast and owned everything he read forever- like his dad. Sigh.

We turned on the air purifiers for the first time last night- in our bedroom. I noticed a big difference. We'll see what others say. I wish we could remove the flooring because that is the source of the dust, but that's just not possible right now.

It's cold here this morning! 12* and we didn't get much snow, but the sledding was amazing!

Have a fun Friday!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Praying for E, Heather!

I haven't made my list yet, but it will be school, getting a new headlight, seeing my grandma, skating, and working on the living room. And more thrown in, but those are the biggies today and I thought I'd type them while the cats are elsewhere in the house!

Have a great day today, friends!

It was a full day. Wesley wasn't feeling well and slept all day, so I didn't end up doing any school work with him.

-talk or text with the team member that is supposed to be joining us next week for the next two years. We’ve had some delays and we are still trying to figure out if she is going to make it next week or not. Texted some and she will call me tomorrow morning my time
    -Algebra
    -Biology
    -History with W
    -Shakespeare
    -Grammar
    -Math with A done
    -math with H done
    -phonics with A done
    -phonics with H done
    -Middle school history done
    -Middle school science done
    -Read aloud done
    -walk done
    -laundry, I’ve got a big pile to fold dh did most of this. I helped a little and matched a lot of socks
    -put away Christmas décor at home done
    -sort through all the church Christmas décor dh did this
    -put away church Christmas décor dh did this
    -grocery shop done
    -make dinner done
    -get a kid to sweep I did this for Wesley
    -get a kid to dust done
    -get a kid to clean the sliding glass door dd was supposed to. I'll remind her tomorrow
    -clean the washroom sink done
    -clean the bathroom done
    -send photos to a church that is asking for some for a missions spotlight they are doing on us Wesley is supposed to send me some.
    -practice piano nope
    I also:
    -talked with my mom
    -texted a church member about a meeting at the local orphanage
    -boxed up old school books to store and make room for current books we are using
    -re-arranged photos and my few knick-knacks that I have
    -helped put away clean clothes
    -washed a couple loads of laundry
    -hung a couple loads of laundry

The house is fairly clean, the Christmas stuff is put away, and I'm finished with school for the week. I think I'm ready for a relaxing day tomorrow and then church on Sunday. Have a great start to your weekend ladies!

Heather, I'm glad the purifiers are helping!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Good Morning!
    We are back to cold weather too. We had 59*F on Tuesday, then it plummeted to highs only in the 20's.
    We are suppose to reach 31*F today and partly sunny. We have about an inch of snow on the ground which will most likely disappear if the sun actually does come out. We are grey skies at the moment so that little bit of snow helps cheer things up a bit.

Thanks for the tutoring encouragement from you all. I really enjoy it, and it's been great to have something again that's just for me, that I have to actually go out of the house to do. And yes, the paychecks have been very nice. We don't get paid premium tutoring wages, since Children's Dyslexia Centers are free of charge to the the families, and supported by the Scottish Rite Masons, but I am pleased and it's an enjoyable place to go every week.

Time to get some school started! I'll check back in later.

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Hello Ladies,

Quick check in!

so far this morning:
    chatted with dh before he went to work; he is growing out his beard until he gets paid again
    Bible reading, breakfast, shower
    started laundry
    Lost my temper with the girls over clean laundry in the dirty clothes hamper. This has been on-going for over a year and drives me crazy. Time out for myself
    Got some applesauce gong in the IP with several apples that were no longer pleasant for just eating.
    Apologized to kids for yelling and then talked to them about the laundry problem....again....
    Table time, started late
    RAR challenge with Logan

Everyone is eating lunch now

We need to leave here in about 20 minutes. I have a meeting with another lady that is helping me lead/host the event next week.

Have a great day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good afternoon

Praying for E, heather, that has got to be super hard on him.
    Jen have fun seeing your grandma

Lindsey: Great job!
    heather: which air purifiers did you get? I'm considering getting for my house as well, a couple kids esp. need them
    angelA: Applesauce sounds yummy!

I'm at mom's house gathering stuff and turning in Charter school assignments - end of first semester is today!

Later will go to town for Silas' math club and get dog food. Maze will probably be sad as I've been feeding her real meat for a couple days.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Jekka- This is the smaller unit we bought. So far two of them for bedrooms. If they work, we'll get more. I got black ones because the white ones went up by $10 they day I went to order. Oh well. This is the larger unit we are getting for the downstairs. Not cheap, but cheaper than $14K of flooring. Sigh. But, I would think dust might be minimal at your new house though you have a dog so that will probably take things up a notch. Our problem is carpet that is breaking down- both the backing on the carpet and the padding underneath.

Those are Dan style researched, so if he's satisfied you probably will be too.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Cindy- We are seeing the sun! Maybe you are too?

AR- I love that beard protest. Is he normally not allowed to have one?

Lindsey- You've been busy! Enjoy your time off.

Jen- ice skating today?

So far:
    • worked on a few blog items this morning- started two new drafts among other things
    • powder room- cleaned it yesterday and I want it to count!
    • made a lunch and did the work drop
    • made a small batch of pancakes
    • laundry was started and switched
    • school planner updated- for this week and part of next
    • some chemistry and earth science plans laid out
    • put one game away!
    • previewed an art lesson- I might just make the thing we need and move on to the next one.
    • checked in with the high schooler- he wants to do more than he can given his treatment. Sigh. We'll keep moving along.
    • washed dishes
    • had dishwasher emptied
    • started chicken noodle soup
    • wiped down the back splash
    • dusted the media room
    • dusted the island cubbies and giant cubby set in the school room

Ok...I'd better get on to the next thing.

Hey all

Cindy -- we've had a major drop in weather here, too -- just our highs/lows are 20 degrees higher than yours We were in the 70s (atypical for this time of year) and are now in the 50s ….

Heather -- Good job with the dusting, etc. Hope E can manage all the reading!

Lindsey -- GREAT job getting all that done!

Jen -- I'm still laughing at your cats How's your Grandma doing in the new facility?

Jekka -- for the end of the semester! One down, one to go

Angela -- hope all the planning goes well!

Here:
    * We had coop this morning and just got home
    * eating lunch
    * then I think it'll just be down time til supper. Ben has a friend over, and the girls have a friend coming at 4:30 for supper.
    * We're having spinach/white bean/chicken enchiladas with a creamy sauce (turned into a casserole) for supper tonight. -- one of our freezer meals from yesterday.

* It'll probably be an early night because we're leaving at 730 in the morning to drive to Huntsville for a special church meeting -- a deacon ordination of a young man who used to go to college here (and attended our church) that we were fairly close to (he and his wife) -- He's now mid-30s, is a dentist, has 2 little girls …. There are several families from our church going . It's a 2 1/2 hour drive one way, so it'll be a full day by the time it's done.

Jen, you asked about meals. Let me see if I can remember what all we made yesterday with our cooking marathon (Numbers listed are how many EACH of us went away with, so double the amount for what we actually cooked):
    (We did a lot of Mexican stuff this time around and no Italian -- we had a lot of chicken/turkey and not much ground beef, and I, of course, had pork )
    Pork Carnitas (Mexican tacos) x 2
    Taco Casserole x 2
    Turkey Burritos x2
    Burrito casserole x1
    Honey mustard chicken
    cranberry onion chicken
    chicken pot pie
    chicken stroganoff
    pork chops in a "Tangy" Asian sauce
    Chicken for Stir Fry (in sauce ready to fry up and mix with veggies)
    homemade cinnamon rolls x2 13x9s
    ham quiche -- 13x9 x1
    sausage quiche 13x9 x 1
    Buffalo chicken dip 13x9 x 1
    Spinach/white bean/chicken enchilada casserole with cream sauce x2
    Chicken/bean enchiladas with green chili sauce x2
    and I have 2 Ziploc bags/meals of plain chicken breasts to use how I want …. (we ran out of steam )

Can you imagine why I was exhausted last night?!?!? BUT, I'm so excited about having freezer meals. We'll eat most of it, but I'll use some for church meals.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige - Way to go on the cooking marathon - woot!
    Thanks for the encouragement, the planning went really well!

HW - Ha! He is allowed to have a beard, but I don't think any of the guys in his office have one. Dan likes having a beard (not shaving), but he usually doesn't grow one because it grows in patchy despite his thick head of hair!
    I'm sorry to hear your highschooler is having a rough go with his treatments. That must be very frustrating for him!

Jekka -Dan's step-mom used to feed her dogs the RAW diet and make all of their dog food. Our lab would get so excited when we would go visit and then would be depressed when we came home and he was back to regular kibble - ha! Her big dogs have passed and the little dogs she rescued didn't like the RAW diet, but she still spoils her dogs (and ours) with good food.

Cindy - I can only imagine how thankful your students and their families are for your help and expertise!

The meeting went well and we are home now.
    The kids have all retreated to their rooms and I will leave them there for a bit, but I also need to remind them of some of their other responsibilities.

I'm off to clean up something, maybe read a bit before I have to start dinner.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.