Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Entryways, foyers, mudrooms, laundry areas, and kitchen counters- something for everyone!

School Challenge: Long range planning and prep

For me today:
    • work on a set of STEM cards
    • tidy the media room
    • play games
    • make the view finder- seriously
    • planner work
    • chemistry plans
    • studio time
    • laundry
    • tidy the kitchen
    • blog work

Good morning- happy Saturday!

I was up early due to a headache and then made a hot breakfast.

Now I'm going to get the dishwasher loaded. The clean up KP kid is not having a great migraine week. Somehow he's in a cycle of having them. Stink. Anyway, I'll get that done.

Then we'll see what's next!

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY KATIE

Heather -- I am sorry J is having migraines. NICE on the scarf! And glad R can come home as often as she wants.

Lindsey -- Glad your mom is home! Sorry kids couldn't play in snow

Jekka -- I love sunrises. Rarely see them but love them Your hoodie weather is what I have been whining about Glad it is warmer for you!

Robin -- awww love that the littles love you. Hope y'all find the perfect neuro dr.

Paige -- YAY for kielbasa turning out good! Hope you can find some good jeans. My guys wear wrangler 4 way flex. I need to read that about organization

Angela -- YAY for back pay!! Glad you could get the dance shoes cheaper. Uniforms & shoes add up! ooooooh those burgers sound I LOVE cheeseburgers and donuts too

Jen -- no more cats Hope your dh feels better quickly

Cindy -- how is the clarinet going with ds? I was laughing at your beans and waking at night. I usually wake HUNGRY during the night when I cook stuff overnight.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Last 2 days have been on go.

Thursday morning the boys and I went to the funeral home in a town about 20 minutes from here. One of our long time friend dad passed away. The boys and I went early since we had plans for a little bit later. Dh was going to go on his lunch break. (ended up not going, sick and didn't want to pass germs)

Home, changed clothes and left again.

Hs group went to a Jump Park in the town an hour from here. Very few showed up (sickness and other stuff) but the ones that did had a GREAT time. I did NOT jump. Dh asked why not. I said "uh did you want me to be able to move anytime in the next week?"

Can I say again I love this group and will miss them so much when ds2 graduates. I have some great pics of the big boys jumping, doing flips, playing dodge ball, basketball and doing the battle beam (fighting/knocking each other off the beam with a huge foam bar) in the foam pit. But I also have some great pics of the big boys on the battle beam with the little bitty girls and letting the girls knock them off into the pit. Or 1 big boy helping a little bitty hold the beam and knock another big off into the pit.

Ds1 did get hurt. He was doing a front flip on the grid trampolines. He landed great then fell backwards and his back landed on the hard area. He is ok but was sore especially right after. At least this happened at the end of our time.

After we all went to steak & shake then home.

Yesterday was outdoor classroom day. Again not many showed up (us & 2 other families) but we didn't let it stop the fun.

Go days but mostly fun days.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Heather -- hope your headache goes away

Today is warmer (49 now) and the sun is playing peek a boo. I am at my photo table watching the sun & squirrels.

We are being lazy so far. Dh has had the man cold this week but continued to go to work. This morning he is just being lazy. Dss aren't moving to fast either (ds2 has a few lingering effects of his cold). They went out with friends last night then stayed up late. I slept better last night and stayed in bed longer just relaxing.

No where to be this morning. This afternoon we are going to a birthday party for 11yr old boy. Stopped yesterday on way home from outdoor classroom and picked up a gift. So hopefully we can stay home til party time.

Oh I also mailed back that foot warmer while I was out yesterday.

Today:
    • laundry
    • general pick up
    • photo work
    • decide on super bowl food - ds2 wants wings - don't have those

Hope everyone has a GREAT Saturday!!

Good Afternoon!
    We have partly sunny skies, and it's bright and cheery with the snow. It's all going away though. Boo. It'll be 41*F, and 50*F tomorrow and Monday. I'm all for keeping the temps in the upper 20's and snow on the ground. Our forecast for Feb. keeps us right around freezing and above for the entire month. There are a few snow days in there. The ground hog predicted an early spring, but if he would have come out a couple hours later he would have seen a shadow, though the skies are not totally clear. Hmmmm.... I think it's a toss up.

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • cleared the dish drainer and rinsed the dishes in the sink
    • dh washed some dishes
    • wiped down the stove and counters
    • picked up the living room
    • updated the school planner/journal and tidied up the book pile
    • washed a load of misc. laundry and tidied up the laundry area
    • chatting on fb for awhile... Logic of English group... I love LOE and many people use it for dyslexia, so I usually have lots to say.
    • lunch done and cleaned up
    • more chatting on fb in Logic of English... fun, but taking up too much time... I just closed it off after I looked at the clock!

For the rest of TODAY:
    • get the pork carnitas going... Robin-- that's what I'm making with the ribs, they country style bone-in instead of boneless, but I think it'll still work fine
    • tutor lessons
    • play a game with ds11 who just came to me and wanted something to do because he's bored and has been on-his-own all morning
    • get school planner/journal ready for February!

I started this post around 11:30am, it was still morning.

It looks gorgeous outside with the sun. It's 34*F.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

It's a warm day here, though it's overcast.

Heather
    , I'm sorry about the headaches. Does the barometric pressure seem to be a factor?

Michelle, it sounds like a fun time at the park.

Cindy, pork carnitas sound delish.

Happy Groundhog Day, y'all! I love holidays where I already know what we're having for dinner without having to plan ahead. This is one of those days. We're having Ground Hog Soup, Monkey Bread, and Possum Pie.

This morning I made the pie crust and have done some puttering in the kitchen while listening to loud music. We all slept in a bit. DH got in late from work travel last night; Belle is tired from work; Boyo is tired from being a teenage boy; and the other two girls and I were tired from a late dance last night.

Not a lot specifically on the agenda. Belle and K went up north to a bridal shower. Boyo is at church with the Awana Grand Prix. At some point, DH and I need to go to Lowe's and re-order our window coverings. Otherwise, I am hoping to get some work done in the basement, and get dinner cooked. And maybe have a nap. I've already had 2x caffeine this morning and it doesn't seem to be helping.

I was playing the piano a bit ago; didn't realize how far out of tune it is. I do need to find a tuner.

Not much else is going on around here. Have a great day, everyone!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

• gave ds11 the option of playing a game or going outside to build a snowman and shovel the driveway... there's an inch of powder on the driveway from Friday morning... he chose OUTSIDE!
    • went outside... built our snowman, then shoveled the drive so the sun could do it's job a little better
    • got the carnitas going on the stove
    • posted some pics to IG

We had a great time outside. 34*F and bright sunshine, blue skies. Beautiful day. Warm, with minimal wind chill. The sun felt SO good.
    You should have seen ds11 and me building this snowman. We couldn't get the second ball up on top of the base one. I thought the 2 of us could lift it together, but nope. We went the inclined plane route and got a board from the garage and rolled it up. Practical physics at it's finest.

Dh has been at the funeral home since 10am and thought he'd be home by 4 pm. Nope. Should be soon though, I imagine. He never knows how long these things are going to take.

I'm going to sit and work on tutoring lessons, and not get distracted. Wish me luck.

Anyone who wants to follow me on IG, I'm naturereader. I gave myself that name in hopes of doing more nature-related reading, and to help me remember how much I love the outdoors and to get in it.

Michelle-- I have a feeling you'll still be meeting up with your homeschool group friends after ds2 graduates. Good friends will enjoy your continued involvement.
    Last edited by CINDY LB OH; 02-02-2019 at 04:25 PM.
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Hello all Happy Saturday!

Heather -- sorry you had a headache again this morning -- hoping it's better this afternoon!

Cindy -- I think I"m pulling pork carnitas out of the freezer for church tomorrow.
    I have a super YUMMY crockpot recipe for country style ribs -- just the ribs and lots of spices. Delish!!!
    and for outside time!

Michelle -- sounds like you had a GREAT time yesterday! I wouldn't have jumped, either

Robin -- sounds like you NEED a down day today! Hope ya'll are enjoying!

Here:
    * dh and the boys cut up some wood/downed trees this morning to start replenishing our wood pile for next winter. Didn't get it all cut up and stacked (dh is sick and did as much as he could -- he wanted to be outside).
    * the girls and I worked inside -- we took all covers off of couch cushions and pillows and washed them, put all cushions outside to air, then air dried the covers. Vacuumed in the den and then took rugs outside to air.
    * We've had the windows open all day today -- we need to clean out the germs in the house and get some fresh air
    * I ran to the small town over early this morning and hit CVS for a couple of things and then got off-road gas for the tractor and lawn mower, etc.
    * it's been another gorgeous day today. Been outside a bit. Definitely enjoying the open windows.
    * played Carcasonne with the boys this afternoon -- fun, quick game

* we have a special church meeting tonight at 6. I'm taking the boys. Dh and the girls are still not well, and they're not going.

Have a great evening!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good afternoon!

Never made it on yesterday, though we were home most of the day until time to pick the cat up from the vet and then we had skit practice in the evening.

Heather, I hope your head feels better!

Michelle, I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I agree with Cindy on those friendships continuing!

Cindy, I'm glad you're getting good weather!

Robin, I'm going to need to know what Groundhog Soup is!

Paige, are those the cushions for the couch we have? I'm going to need to know how to keep it nice looking because after we got it all up the stairs (the big couch and two loveseats) I told dh he was stuck with it!

What's been done today:
    *picked up chili stuff for tomorrow
    *took laundry to my mom and dad's--had lunch there with them
    *library
    *visited my grandma
    *got dd started on an art project from Masterpiece Society
    *printed off Spanish stuff for ds

What's left:
    *fix dinner--I'm going to use the air fryer mil got us for Christmas for the first time
    *PTE/grocery order--of all the stuff I'll need for next week
    *artist study bulletin board
    *chili prep--we're taking it to sil's tomorrow

I think there's more, but I can't really think what...maybe some ironing since I usually do that on Sunday nights and we'll be gone almost all day tomorrow!

Have a great (rest of your) day today, friends!

Michelle- looks like you had a great couple of days. So nice to have friends to do things with. I'm certain that you will still enjoy their friendship when this year is over.

Jen- I'm curious about groundhog soup too.

Robin- I do think barometric pressure is one factor. I'm not if I sleep with my neck funny sometimes or if this is all sinus related. The worst of it was this morning and then it backed off when I took meds and usually by the time I've had my nasal spray twice I feel much better. Thankfully it was a lurker most of today. I definitely think the majority is allergy related.

Paige- Wow the weather must be amazing in Alabama right now. We will get to 45 tomorrow and I saw the sun for a while today.

Cindy- Sounds like you had fun outdoors today! We're down to one good sled (two broke this season), so my kids haven't been out and the melt is coming. I'm with you. I'd love to see it stick around just to make it brighter.

Today:
    • made a hot breakfast
    • loaded the dishwasher- and ran it eventually
    • dh started prepping the boys' room for painting- that's his next project
    • studio time/art project- did some Valentine's themed mixed media
    • worked on a new blog post- for a while and the kids were helping me (all 4)
    • made pizza for dinner
    • took my walk
    • changed out the powder room pictures- and put Valentine's things up

That's not a lot of stuff today. The art took a long time. R worked with me and she made the prototype for her first lesson with Masterpiece Society. Did I mention that she is a paid artist contributor over there? She's pairing with Alisha's daughter for geeky holidays.

I've got my heating mat on. Michelle- will you try the one I have? I love putting my stocking feet on it when I sit at my desk. mmmmm...

I was reading today but not commenting.

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).