Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Entryways, foyers, mudrooms, laundry areas, and kitchen counters- something for everyone!

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school.

For me today:
    • church
    • tidy the first floor
    • send life group reminder- done
    • reading time- for book club
    • plan our day trip for Tuesday- neurology appt two hours away
    • chemistry plans- mainly instruction for the current chapter
    • walk- try earlier in the day
    • campus pick up- we're dropping R there on the way home from church
    • mall- for supplies (before the campus pick up)
    • planner time- started earlier this morning
    • play games
    • make view finder
    • blog work- big list, but I have a few things I want to finish today
    • planner school- I want to watch a few videos on using the planner I bought. January was not entirely successful there, but I really like the way it's laid out so here we go on February!

It's going to be warmer these next few days, but I don't think as warm as they had once said. When I go to get R I'll stop at the mall first and get that shopping done.

The reason I bought this planner was to have a finger on the bigger picture as I work to build a business while homeschooling. My daily lists don't account for the big picture. So, I hope to use planner school to make a plan from the vision I've casted.

We're going to hit either the science center or the museum of play while we're in Rochester on Tuesday. There's a CFA in the area, but it's in the opposite direction as both museums and we are tight on time since the appt is at 11am. The science center is free because we're members of our local center. The museum of play is half price and there's only three of us. I'm going to see if we can catch a planetarium show- unlikely, but I want to check. That might influence our plans.

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

The museum of play sounds fun, Heather!

We've got a crazy busy Sunday...extras thrown in plus trying to get prepared for the week. Eek!

*chili in the crock pot
    *church
    *Target--need a birthday gift and a dress for dd
    *mom and dad's
    *skit and sign language practice
    *grocery pick up
    *consignment sale
    *Super Bowl at sil's house
    *send text about class tomorrow
    *send text about Fashion Revue
    *edit ds's paper
    *Valentine prep
    *ironing??--if needed

Have a great day today, friends!

I need to know about this groundhog soup too

Paige -- windows open...NICE!!

Cindy -- pork carnitas

Heather -- I am still debating about getting another heating mat

Yesterday I cooked a new casserole for lunch (White Castle burger casserole), laundry, straightened up my photo area, quick run to grocery for super bowl foods, party.
    Party was fun with friends. Very loud since it was at the bowling alley on a Saturday afternoon/evening but fun.
    Came home and watched a movie I like (it was on tv) and then read.

Heather -- I know you will get the planner to work for you!

Jen -- girl you are busy busy all the time. Hope you can chill some today!

This morning the sun is out bright with blue skies Suppose to be heading to 67 I might open a window or 2

I have been up well over an hour already. I started a load of laundry washing, folded a load from drying rack and started the coffee pot. Read my devotion and have been sitting with my coffee at my photo table with the sun shining on me. Just enjoying the feel of the sun and watching the squirrels.

Today:
    • laundry - should just be the load I already started
    • photo work

Maybe I will get to more. Maybe not. Sleep was very little (worry, hurting & weird dreams). Today I might just enjoy the sunshine.

Hope everyone has an AMAZING day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle- Our days looks similar, but 67 is not in our forecast. BUT, the sun is out today! Which is a bonus because the forecast when I last looked said clouds. But, I will be doing work at my kitchen table where the sun is shining. Mmm...

Jen- You are busy today. I hope you get some down time!

Super Bowl- I suppose we'll turn it on at some point, but with E off to school our football viewing habits have changed a lot. Another year, another Patriot win. I mean...I'm all about a northeast team, but you know...

So far:
    • looked up both venues for Tuesday- there is a planetarium show happening. Not sure yet which we'll do.
    • worked on my STEM cards- making a freebie pack and one paid pack at the same time. I hope. So, this morning I chose the final 12 that will be a freebie and started my lists for the paid sets.
    • church- signed up for a women's tea on Friday night. I hate those things. I don't know why I signed up!
    • dropped R on campus- she invited me to take pictures of her draping. I might take her up on it. Though, my sunny table is going to be better.
    • went to the mailbox- sorted mail
    • took down one hanging rack
    • started a load of laundry
    • cleaned off the kitchen table where I will work
    • discussed with boys the venues for Tuesday- they want to hit the museum of play and we'll go because that's the main reason I got the science center premium membership- was to get half price at this place. Better use it!

Dan is working in the boys' room again. He's emptying the closet and taking down their shelving (which holds LEGO models) and he hasn't asked me to help, probably because of the dust involved in this portion of the project.

I'm a little sad about the snow melt, but honestly? It's been a pretty cold fall and winter so far and the February thaw is kind of nice. It's 47 out there and the snow has melted from the POH. I might have to step out there for a bit. Lovely!

Enjoy your afternoon!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather-- what is Dan going to do in boys room?

Guess where I am?!?!?! Yep I am on my porch

I came out earlier and enjoyed a few minutes then went on and ate lunch. Back out here now.

Guy on next street over cranked his Harley and let it run a few minutes before he headed out. He is going to enjoy this pretty day.

T & J2 are over and C3 may be here too. Guys are out back practicing bow shooting.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Michelle- I was out on the POH! It's about 50 out there! I hung up the plastic that was under our Christmas tree so it can dry and be put away (it's been frozen out there with ice on it) and I hung up laundry to dry! Woot! It is GLORIOUS out. I was out in a tshirt and cardigan and was fine without a coat. So much so I thought I might just sit right on out there. But, I decided not to get too crazy.

Dan is preparing to paint the boys' room. It's a thing. The room is this dark sea green color- pretty gross with a dark rose colored carpet. All three boys are in that room with a bunk bed, a single bed, three dressers, and three sets of shelves that are above the dressers. His plan is to prep the walls and then move one dresser out and one will stay with the beds and move together. One is out already.

They are boxing up LEGOS and Nerf Guns. Unless they are on display, I'm sure most will be packed away for their kids and their own homes or at the very least, to rotate. Crazy times...

Update:
    • helped Dan bring some things out of the boys room
    • moved the hanging things to my closet
    • had boys help out by carting things out and putting a few things away
    • gave the boys assignments for today and tomorrow
    • started working on the STEM cards
    • hung out some laundry
    • hung up the plastic piece to dry
    • got started on the STEM cards again
    • conversed with my designer on a few details about the cards

I'm going to get back to work on these cards. They are taking me forever with all the distractions around me!

Happy Sunday!

Hope ya'll are having a good day
    Heather -- yes, the weather has been beautiful here -- mid-upper 60s. Today it's about 61 but still nice enough to get outside and go for a walk through the woods with dh Lovely! It's actually getting warmer later in the week -- up to a high of 78 on Thursday (ridiculous!) and then it drops to 55 on Friday! So, this week is nice and then it gets cooler again....

Michelle -- glad you're enjoying outside, also.

Jen -- busy day. Enjoy the Superbowl

We had church this morning (dh went but didn't shake hands or talk to anyone and then snuck out before lunch -- girls stayed home).
    lunch at church
    home to just piddle …. everyone's just relaxing. Dh and I spent some time outside.
    I'm going to call my mom.
    Then I'm sure football will be on.

Low key day.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Anyone watching the big game? We haven't turned it on.

Since earlier:
    • finished writing out the STEM tasks- and enjoyed the sun in the process
    • picked up R
    • Target- meds, supplies, socks
    • had trash gathered from around the house
    • had trash put out to the curb
    • made dinner
    • washed dishes
    • wiped down counters
    • had bedding laundry advanced
    • took in the clothes on the line- and hung them on the rack to get rid of the rest of their dampness. They will dry quickly over night now.
    • took in and folded the plastic and put it away- perfect moment to do that today
    • walked- with stretching. Trying to remember to stretch before I walk too.
    • finished formatting and adding details to my STEM task file- sent it to my designer with some notes. WOOT!
    • paid out to my affiliates - first time!

We're getting ready to burn some energy with Just Dance. This should have happened at least an hour ago, but here we go.

I'd like to do one more thing today, but we'll see if that happens at this point. It's still early.

Heather you aren't missing anything. And most of the commercials aren't good either

- - - Updated - - -

Spent most of the day on my porch I did get a couple small stacks of pictures labeled. And read some. Mostly I just enjoyed my porch.

Hooray for enjoying the porch, Michelle! I enjoyed mine just a bit ago when I was taking things off the line. Mmmm...

Finished playing Just Dance. I won two rounds. Me and Donna Summer were grooving!