Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING!

Default Monday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- clean them out, organize, wash bedding, dust, remove clutter, etc.

School Challenge: Book challenge- organize books, rearrange them, library business, read aloud, set reading goals for the week.

Inspiring Thought: The language we are given to describe the world around us, often dictates what we are aware of in that world. - Caught up in a Story

For me today:
    • campus drop
    • target- to pick up a med (as I was prepping Lyme meds for this week, I realized we were out of one. Gah!)
    • school planners and school time
    • planner time- already started, but need to finish in my
    • tidy the first floor
    • reading time
    • prep for book club
    • clean the powder room
    • walk
    • work with boys on their room
    • get Isaac hooked up with online library books- using his own card
    • library trip? - if the book he wants is not online (likely not to be)
    • life group
    • blog work
    • prep for our day trip tomorrow

Monday morning and the first full week of February- life is moving fast!

The sun is out a little (or maybe not as much now) and the thaw is on! Yesterday I noticed a waterfall completely frozen over that is probably moving again this morning after a night at 45*. It would be a great day to drive around and see the falls. Ice jams are probably going to cause flooding downtown. It'll be about 50* today.

Have a great start to your new week!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning Ladies,

CH1: Great! I'll post what I get done.

CH2: I need to check on when our books are due. I'm re-reading "The Magician's Nephew" out loud.

IT: Good one!

so far:
    kids all slept in, they stayed up late watching the Super Bowl
    Bible reading
    women's ministry messages
    edited our Missional Community Commitments. Missional Community is what our church calls small groups, life groups, community groups, cell groups etc.
    exercise - need to get back to this

up next:
    breakfast for me, everyone else has eated
    start laundry
    Table Time, more school

for today:
    We need dog food, so I should make time for that!
    good school day
    decent dinner
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good Morning!
    We have lovely sunshine this morning. 38*F, and no windchill. The birds are happy. Our snowman is still standing, but leaning to the south.

Last night's Super Bowl? I watched while I worked on tutor lessons. It was not very exciting, until the very end of the 4th quarter. And only a couple commercials were awesome. The Microsoft one about adaptive technologies for kids with disabilities. Loved it. There was a fun one with former footballs greats, but I have no idea who the sponsor was. Only one Bud Light "dilly-dilly!!" That was disappointing.

But on the up-side, I got my lessons fully completed, and all written on the forms except for just a half of one. It took me 15 minutes to finish up this morning. I am now actually working ahead for Wednesday. That's a first.

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • cleared dish drainer and rinsed dishes in kitchen sink
    • finish writing last lesson on forms
    • enjoyed a little IG time
    • started working ahead with tutor lessons for Wednesday
    • got some cold meds for ds11 and about to get a detox Epsom Salt bath for him... he had one yesterday too, and is feeling better this morning, but another one can't hurt.

The rest of the day will be school with ds11 and tutoring.

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Cindy - This was my favorite commercial from last night It is the Wal-Mart one with all of the movie cars.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning, all!

Heather -- sorry about the meds. Can you get them today?

Angela -- sounds like you should be home most of the day Those are always good school days here Hope it works out like that for you....

Cindy -- sorry your ds has a cold. So tell me more about Epson salt baths …. do you think they help with colds? How have I never heard of this?????

We did watch the Superbowl last night (dh has been rooting for the Patriots since he lived in upstate NY at the Navy Nuke Power School in the late 80s -- that's always where he learned about ice hockey and started rooting for the Pittsburg Penguins). It was different to see a super-strong defensive game, but it definitely wasn't an exciting game …..

commercials -- I liked the same ones you did, Cindy -- loved the Microsoft one with the kids with disabilities! And I thought the NFL commercial with the football "gala" was fun.
    I saw an online one for Jeep that was very pro-America that was fabulous and they says was a SB add, but I never saw that one actually shown

Here:
    * already have laundry going
    * printed out some coupons that I want to use this week (laundry soap at CVS and all the drugstores is 99 cents with the coupon )
    * called dr and got an appointment for both girls -- M's ear is still VERY bad, and I think K now has a sinus infection So, we'll be heading to Columbus after an early lunch
    * jam out some school this morning before we have to go to the dr
    * need to have a supper plan since we'll be gone most of the afternoon

Between school, laundry, and then dr visit (and probably pharmacy stop), that'll take up most of my day.
    Not an exciting day at all

Hope ya'll have a good Monday!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

AR- Fun commercial!

Cindy- I had a moment this morning pumping gas with no coat on with my face to the sun and my eyes closed. Best time pumping gas EVER. It was 45* here when I got up. It's 51* now and the sun is strong. GLORIOUS.

Paige- Yes, I called the med in last night and went over there after the campus drop. I picked up snacks for tomorrow's road trip and came on home, pumping gas in the magnificent sunshine on the way. I hope you all feel better.

Epsom Salt Baths- All around good detoxer. Good for what ails you!

So far:
    • worked in my big planner- added piano lessons!
    • did the campus drop
    • target- to get a med and snacks
    • art store- to pick up heavy body acrylic. But, their sales are not great this week. I'll wait.
    • got some gas
    • got the boys started

Now I need to see if we are canceling life group for this evening. Dh is working from home with a cold today.

Then, it's school time!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning! It's clear and crisp out.

We had such a busy weekend, but it was a good one.

I took Keeper to the vet this morning for her annual xray and a checkup. She is doing very, very well. I am pleased. She's a senior and I'm happy that she's still in such good health. Elvis goes in tomorrow.

For the rest of the day:

-send some emails
    -pack up the donations and get them either to the car or ready to get out the door
    -clean the bathrooms (they are all gross)
    -go to soccer practice and nap in the car while the kids are practicing. If it's warm out, I'll actually walk the trail or something.
    -stop by the grocery and grab some vegetables for the week
    -look at my list and take care of any little items
    -laundry

I think that's all.

Heather, that can be scary to run out of meds. Our little local pharm has started a delivery service, and I decided to take advantage of it. I don't want my girl to run out. I'm waiting on some consistent 40+ temps; If I can get it that warm for 48 hours, I will be able to paint my front door.

Angela, I am trying to figure out how to work exercise into my life. Notice I didn't say "back in."

Cindy, we watched at a party. The game wasn't exciting but the company was fun. I thought the halftime was boring as well. Paige, I also thought the Jeep commercial - a good one - was going to be aired. Angela - funny. We didn't have that commercial. My girls loved the Michael Buble' commercial.

Enjoy your day, friends!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Heather -- hope Dan feels better quickly & no one else catches the cold

Angela -- do you make dog food? I missed that commercial last night. That is cute.

Cindy -- hope ds feels better quickly! I loved the Microsoft commercial and that football greats commercial was funny!

Paige -- hope the dr helps the girls feel better

Robin -- nap in car = NICE

Usually there are some really good SB commercials. Bud Light and Doritos always have good ones (BL streaking lamb and Doritos Jimmy you're so old are 2 of my favs) But this year they just didn't have them. At least not that I saw. I was up and down fixing supper.

Today:
    • school
    • bank
    • bill
    • Ch 1 - bedroom could use some work
    • dining room
    • meal plan

Today is warm but gray & wet. Hopefully I can get in the mood to do something, anything, constructive around here.

Have a GREAT Monday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Update:
    • did Algebra II with Isaac
    • did Algebra I with Joshua
    • updated the assignment books and school planner
    • started today's laundry
    • loaded and ran the dishwasher- with help
    • prepped the POH for a little fun
    • played Sushi go (new card game) on the POH
    • enjoyed the sun on my back on the POH
    • wrote notes on a guest post- now I'm ready to get that finished on the site
    • brought the trash can back to the house- this morning

Now I'm off to get some bread for dinner. With two people under the weather (cold and the first day of Lyme meds on med on week after two weeks off), I'm going to make soup. If people want more than that, they can have leftovers from last night.

I do need to think about what's for dinner tomorrow night. We're going to be getting home about 7.

The POH was amazing today though the breeze did start picking up and I came back in. Glorious few hours though!

Waiting at pharmacy ...

At pharmacy ...

Dr thinks k is on the mend. Prescribed Motrin and mucinex and watch.

M has an external ear infection like swimmers ear. No clue how????

Left the dr and did some quick shopping.
    Ran to CFA for milkshakes/frosted lemonade treats
    Now waiting here ...

No
    Clue what we’re having for supper tonight. Don’t need much after heavy snacks
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)