Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meals February 3-9

Default Meals February 3-9

Last night was the usual dinner at church. Ryan and I are down with a bug of some sort, so tonight will be leftovers.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Merrilee, I hope you and Ryan feel better soon!!

Last night we had spaghetti with spaghetti squash. Tonight we're having meatloaf, baked potatoes and veggies. Tomorrow we'll have leftovers, with pulled pork sandwiches on Wednesday and Chili and cornbread on Thursday. Friday will be leftovers again I think.
    Sunshine - mom to 4dc - dd11, ds9 1/2, ds8 and ds6 1/2.

Hi!

Tonight we're having ribs in the Instant Pot, roasted radishes, and some greens.

Tomorrow is soup at the neighbor's, Wednesday is church fellowship meal, and Thursday I'm planning beef short ribs and more vegetables. Friday, DH is going skiing with his sister and her family, and will want something warm when he gets home. I'm thinking perhaps chili or eggroll in a bowl.

After that, I have no idea.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Super bowl meant party foods...boneless wings, breaded mushrooms, breaded mozzarella sticks, mini corn dogs & shrimp.

Monday - meatloaf, pinto beans, turnip greens & cooked carrots
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Sunday I used leftover pork loin and added egg noodles and broccoli for an easy one-dish dinner. Last night was leftover chili over leftover rice. Now I have to make new food because the leftovers are gone. Tonight I'm going to sauté chicken breast chunks for wraps or to go on top of a Southwest chopped salad kit.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

We've still been battling various sicknesses -- mainly colds and not big appetites (that's a good thing here ).

Last night, we had waffles. Just waffles and slices of cheese (dh likes to dip cheese in syrup and has taught the kids that It's much better than it sounds).

No clue what we're having tonight …. depends on how everyone is feeling.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige - I like cheese & syrup. I like cheese & peanut butter too.

Tonight was fried cabbage with bacon pieces in it for ds2 & me.
    Dh & ds1 had leftover meatloaf & veggies. They don't like fried cabbage

Let me rephrase that. Dh doesn't know if he likes fried cabbage, said he had never had it. Tried tonight but I had added to much pepper sauce for him...ooops.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.

Finally felt well enough to get a bit of cooking done, so I made a pot of chili, part of which went in the freezer for later and part of which will go for loaded baked potatoes tonight. Last night I made hamburgers.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Tonight was bbq (pulled pork), slaw, baked beans, chips

Had an ice storm, my first experience with interesting Midwest weather. No one is going anywhere, no services available, so pantry meals will be the order of the next couple of days. Tonight will be Cajun style chicken strips along with oven fries and canned corn.