Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Meals February 3-9

Dh has been travelling, so last night, I cooked pre-made frozen hamburger patties on the George Foreman, and then steamed some mini-potatoes a bit then put them in a skillet and fried them with butter and garlic salt. That was yummy.

Tonight is spaghetti (Ragu) with meatballs. Kids love it. Dh and I don't -- the perfect thing to have when he's not here (he'll be back home late tonight but will miss supper).
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Quote Originally Posted by Merrilee Morse View Post
    Had an ice storm, my first experience with interesting Midwest weather.
    Was it pretty? I like them because they're pretty - if I don't have to go out and if the power lines and tree limbs stay put.

Tonight we're having baked salmon, sourdough bread, and broccoli.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Merrilee - hope all is well with you! I don't go out during ice if I can help it.

Tonight was hamburger steak with sautéed onions & mushrooms, English peas, mashed potatoes and brown gravy
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

We are fine and all is up and running. Thankfully there wasn't enough ice to cause power outages here; or be particularly pretty. Tonight will be Szechuan broccoli beef with Korean fried rice.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!

Last night was Yum Yum chicken casserole & I added broccoli to it to make it complete meal. (this is casserole using cooked chicken & box stuffing mix.)

Tonight will be pizza.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Quote Originally Posted by MichelleTN View Post
    & I added broccoli to it to make it complete meal.
    I love doing that. It makes me feel very thrifty. I did that with some baked potato soup - a friend gave me 7 cooked baked potatoes after a church gathering. I made baked potato soup and then today for lunch I added corn and chunks of leftover salmon to the soup for a salmon/corn/potato chowder. It was

Tonight is chuck roast with potatoes and carrots.
    "Ree-bee," Mom to former United States Marine ds and math teacher DIL * artist dd 20 * motion-loving ds 17 * piano-playing ds 12
    "For Miss Minnie loved children and she loved books, and she taught merely by introducing the one to the other." from "A Consent," by Wendell Berry

Last night I did tacos. Darrell and Ryan will eat at church tonight; I am still too sick to be around people. Ryan got it before I did, so he is doing better.
    Wife to Darrell, mom to John, Patrick, DJ and Ryan, Stepgrandmom of 5, grandmother to Adam, Harper, and Alexander. Done homeschooling but not done learning!