Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- clean them out, organize, wash bedding, dust, remove clutter, etc.

School Challenge: Book challenge- organize books, rearrange them, library business, read aloud, set reading goals for the week.

Inspiring Thought:
    The winds were out in their tops, and there is no sweeter music on earth than that which the wind makes in the fir trees at evening. - Anne of Green Gables

For me today:
    • get everyone moving- done but they need to move fast
    • pack out for our trip
    • campus drop
    • neurology appt
    • lunch out
    • National Museum of Play
    • post in my local group's book club FB group
    • blog work

Today is all about our neurology appt two hours away. Hopefully it's a smooth trip and we have a good time! The boys and I will gone for most of the day, until evening.

Have a fabulous day, friends!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!

Heather -- hope you have safe travels today, that the appointment goes smoothly, and that the museum is fun

Robin -- is the carpet getting installed today?

Here:
    * Believe it or not, I think dh has had a touch of a stomach bug He NEVER gets sick, but starting Sunday night, his stomach hurt. Well, yesterday it got BAD hurting. He decided it was the end of the cold affecting him (he's getting over that and feeling much better). Last night about 9, Ben came downstairs from bed saying his stomach HURT, and he's up this morning with a hurting stomach. Oh. MY. GOODNESS!!! Ya'll, this is INSANE! I'm thankful we haven't had the flu or anything major, but these little things are just getting out of hand. We've sure been bombarded with them this season.

* I did some couponing this morning
    * I submitted the contact lens rebate HURRAY!! Check that off my list -- now we'll see if they require additional information Sometimes it's easy, and sometimes it's complicated.
    * SCHOOL is big on the agenda today. We'll see what Ben is up to, but everyone else should be able to work diligently today.
    * I need to run to CVS at some point.

* girls are going to the clogging teacher's birthday party/clogging reunion at 5:30. They won't be home for supper -- I'm supposed to send drinks. Need to buy some.

* not sure what we're going to have for supper? Guess it depends on how everyone is feeling ….

Definitely a more low key day in terms of not being out of the house much and getting things done. We'll see.

Hope ya'll have a good day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good morning.

It's 7:30; I got home after midnight and have been up since about 4:30. Belle and DH are off to work; DH is supposed to fly out this afternoon for the rest of the week. I'm getting ready to shower and wake up K and the rest of the kids. We have a hard day ahead of us.

Elvis got sick last night. Long story short, he has an undetected health problem that caused other health issues and it snowballed. He went from being his normal self on the weekend to basically drowning. He stayed at the emergency vet overnight. We don't know if he will be coming home. K and I will be heading up to the hospital to make decisions as soon as they call us, which I expect to be in about an hour.

Y'all, I can't even tell you what he means to her. God brought him to us when she was sick and struggling. He has been her catalyst for healing in so many ways. He is her constant companion. And she is his girl - no one else matters to him but her.

I don't know what is going to happen today, but I do know that even their best-case that they presented to us last night will be hard. I don't know how to help her. The rest of us are hurting too, and I don't know how to help any of us.

I'm praying for a miracle; that it's not as bad as they thought; anything. And hoping for it and trying to believe it.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin - Praying for Elvis, for K, and for you and the rest of the family.

HW - I hope the neurology appointment goes well and that you also have a good time at the museum.

We are doing Table Time today and then heading to the state park for a hike with friends in the warm weather - yippee!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Robin Many prayers. Fur babies are family members
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Praying, Robin!!

Robin -- praying for y'all

Heather - safe travels and hope for good report

Paige - ugh sickness! Hope all feels better soon

Angela -- ENJOY the day!!

Another wet & cloudy day. We are slow moving but it is ok. I slept better last night I still woke a few times but went right back to sleep. And no super weird dreams! lol

I was still a bit sluggish when I woke but felt better than I have in a while. (no I am not just getting up) Now I am not so sluggish so hopefully this means I will accomplish alot today.

Today:
    • school - extra
    • laundry
    • dining room - at least finish bakers rack
    • bedroom - tote area looking bad
    • photo work
    • decide on supper for sure - know what I want, don't know if others will be happy

Have a GREAT day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Praying for your family, Robin, especially for Elvis and K.
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

Robin: praying for you all, esp K, as you deal with the choices that have to be made with Elvis.

I'm waiting for the propane person, we are fairly certain we have a leak. Either way, we have no propane.
    So far:
    Snow plowing, I did most yesterday, but needed to finish
    School done
    Reading done
    Played games

I'm really just in wait mode, as they don't tell you the propane delivery schedule, just sometime today...
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Hello from the museum! We've been all over and the boys are having a grand time! They've played analog games including several giant chess games and video games. They have an amazing arcade and only a quarter to play. All the old games and cool new ones.

The toy all of Fame is fun. Just a great place.

- dropped R on campus
    - headed up the road
    - appt went well. Here's doing so much better with good sleep and it's allowing the meds to work
    - lunch
    - Museum

They close in about a half hour and the boys are playing through their tokens.

They've had a blast. I've had some food reactions and J too. I think my Moe's days are over. Sigh.

But hopefully we'll have a smooth ride home.

Robin- so sorry about Elvis!

Jekka- yikes that's an expensive leak.

Michelle- did you get a lot done?

Shay- have you tapped any trees yet?

AR - how was the park?

Paige- I hope tummies are better!