Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Default Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Bedrooms- clean them out, organize, wash bedding, dust, remove clutter, etc.

School Challenge: School supply inventory- how's everyone doing mid year?

Inspiring Thought:
    True education is a kind of never ending story a matter of continual beginnings, of habitual fresh starts, of persistent newness. - Tolkien

For me today:
    • PTE
    • grocery store
    • school and meeting time
    • update the planners
    • book club work
    • read aloud
    • blog work
    • tidy the first floor- vacuum
    • group work
    • make cookies- so I can send E a care package
    • laundry
    • make sure the snake is fed

There may be something missing because I didn't mull over this last night. I was checking in and playing Sushi Go with the college girl and it was late when I went to bed. This morning after the campus drop I'm headed to the grocery store, so first up is PTE this morning.

Sadly, my friend the piano teacher is very sick. The first piano lesson is delayed. J has been beyond excited and counting down to today and I got the word last night. He took it well, but ouch. That is a bummer!

Dh's trip for this weekend is also canceled. He'll try again in two weeks.

Have a great day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning! I'm on my second sick kid, A started throwing up last night. I've been up for good since about 5, but I haven't been productive at all other than washing blankets.

To do:
    Laundry
    Dishes
    Clean floors
    Put kerosene heater back in garage
    School
    Personal reading
    Kid reading
    Get yogurt in fridge to cool
    Play board game
    Maybe make corn bread, I've been meaning to for quite some time. I'm not sure what's holding me back, it's not like corn bread is hard.
    Youth group

I'm not sure what today will be. I was planning on visiting the new library building in town, I've heard it actually is as nice as our old libraries in Minneapolis, but now I have a sick girl so can't. Sigh, nice library vibes will have to wait, besides, it can't be as nice because my old library had a coffee shop in it. So I'll just tell myself I'm not missing anything.

Heather - bummer in the piano teacher.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Good morning!

That's too bad about the piano teacher, Heather!

Jekka, I hope the sickness passes quickly!

We are home all day today until our evening activities! So we've got lots to do....

So far I've done a load of laundry, started our sheets in the washer, watched two episodes of Father Brown, ironed, made breakfast, and unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. I have so much to do today, and all I really want to do is sit and read. But I'm off to make cookies for tea time and I'll try to post as I go today!

Have a great day today, friends!

So far:
    • did a bit of group work
    • packed up for the store
    • did the campus drop
    • grocery store
    • groceries in and away
    • pulled the van out into the driveway after unloading groceries- to get rained on and wash some salt off. I need a free van rinse.
    • returnables bag back under the sink
    • discussed library acquisitions with Isaac- all of the books he wants are all out (as usual)

Next up- get those planners ready to go and take a look at the NY Public Library to see if they have the eBooks of the books he wants. I can check them out on my card and we can send away for a card for him. I'll also check in with R about getting them from the university library. Not only is she a student, but she is a staff member (not just a student job) so she gets year long borrowing privileges just like Dan. A perk which she has not overlooked in keeping her campus job.

Isaac is reading through pretty much everything Brandon Sanderson has written. He read a 1200 page book in a week and is ready for the next one. We had a bunch at home that R had purchased at the book sale in October. Now he's finished all of them and though she recommended them, she hasn't read them all yet.

The rain is coming and I am thankful we missed the ice falling in Rochester by a day. Whew!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- sorry about the piano lesson

Jekka -- sorry not getting to go to the library Hope everyone feels better soon

Lindsey -- glad you are enjoying the trip

Jen -- you are on a roll already

Our library doesn't have a coffee shop but it does have a coffee area. They make pot of coffee and just ask for donations. They only have coffee until noon each day. I wonder if on extremely cold days if they have it longer. I know there are some people that hang out in the library for warmth. Sorry just my rambling thoughts.

It is warm (already 63) and raining. Rained most of the night and suppose to rain all day today and tomorrow. Highs 67 & 68 today & tomorrow. Friday the high is suppose to be 35. Crazy weather

So far:
    • quiet time
    • folded laundry from drying rack
    • new load washed, dried and folded
    • stripped bed, sheets washed and moved to dryer
    • school started
    • ds1 stripped both his and brothers bed and got those sheets washing
    • fought with laptop - it wouldn't start up
    • wasted time on kindle
    • talked to boys about lunch - we are all hungry all of a sudden
    • text with mama
    • text with friends - updates on sweet babies, sick boy & general good mornings
    • started lunch cooking

Today:
    • kitchen
    • dining room
    • photos

Yeah this post has taken forever. I will type, get distracted, repeat.

Have a GREAT day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Good morning! I'll try to catch up with everyone later. My sister left this morning. She was supposed to leave yesterday, but the route home goes through Foxboro, home of Gillette Stadium and the NE Patriots. And yesterday was celebration day there, so she stayed another day to avoid all the traffic.

We had a great visit! Somehow, my siblings and i managed to have kids so that there is almost always a matching cousin, so the four she brought matched up great with the four I have at home. Everyone had fun visiting and playing, very little drama(and that was typical 4yos) and we got to talk and catch up. We stayed up way too late several nights, like 3-4am, but I can catch up sleep this week.

Now my house is a mess, but not crazy bad. The first floor has been tidied already, so I will get some school done today and work on more tomorrow!

Today:
    -breakfast with cousins
    -good-byes
    -barn chores
    -house chores
    -firewood reloaded
    -school is next
    -lunch
    -school
    -dance
    -evening animal chores
    -crash in bed! Actually, I think dh will want to watch a tv show first. THEN crash!

Have a great day, ladies!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Well, the sickness is no long the only library hinderence. I just got an email from the youth leader that Youth Group is unofficially cancelled due to snow. He isn't cancelling it, but he doesn't want country kids to come. So I guess that's that, 12 inches of snow expected. At least it will stay pretty around here!

So Far:
    At moms (internet)
    - taxes filed
    - Medical sorted
    - Mortgage communication - they decided we need 3 rooms with closets if we want our mortgage to go through. But, I'm not sure what closet requirements are, as it's a pretty open ended thing. I asked for requirements, and I hope that doesn't come back to bite me. I should have just made something cheap and flimsy and hoped it passed... Sigh, this is what I hate about one company working with you and then being dependent on another company for decisions, communication does not happen. It would have been super easy to put closets in while we were building. it's super ridiculously difficult now.

Shay: I love cousins close in age! We have a lot of that, and it's great. I just wish they were close in location. I'm glad you all had fun!

Michelle: Our home town library is like that, a pot of coffee that lasts until it's gone, basically, for $1/ cup + free refills. It's nice for what it is.

Heather: That's a great library perk! I love that borrowing time limit.

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Hello all! (Still counts as morning here even though we've stopped for lunch ).

Heather -- what a disappointment about piano! Sorry she's sick, but also sorry that he can't start.....

Shay hurray for a great visit with your sister!

Lindsey -- glad you're having a good time and have "escaped" with your dh alone for a bit. That's always nice!

Jekka -- so sorry about the sickness Hope no one else gets it!
    And, I wondered about the closets …. our neighbor in VA was an appraiser, and she always had "stuff" come up, especially in the older neighborhoods in Norfolk -- you could not count a room as a bedroom unless it had a built-in closet. Hope that can be an easy fix!

Jen -- hope you're getting lots accomplished at home I understand about just wanting to stop and read ….

Michelle -- that's what our weather is like (except somehow the rain chances changed...). 75 today, 78 tomorrow, and 47 on Friday Truly insane weather!!!

Here:
    * We've been plugging in hard on school today and have gotten lots accomplished
    * M went and taught piano
    * K's off to the university for her class and to do school at the library until class (she rides with a friend)
    * I should run people their pampered chef stuff (it came in yesterday), but I'm feeling like a hermit and do not want to leave the house We'll see what I decide. I'd love it if I could just stay home today.....
    * have some laundry going and have 2 loads ready to fold (WHY is folding such a chore?!?!?! It's not like we're washing by hand any more )

Some things on the to do list:
    * I need to start working on trip planning again -- need to make some tour reservations and some hotel reservations -- just need to get motivated
    * I'd LIKE to sew and escape for the rest of the day
    * or I'd LIKE to start the new puzzle with Mattie that I bought at the thrift store yesterday -- it's of a bakery -- FUN
    * and I need to figure out supper
    * and I need to finish grading essays for Friday and figure out lesson plans ….

BUT, I don't know what I'll actually wind up doing with my time. I think some of what's coming up is helping big kids review some school work ….
    I'm kind of in a "blah" mood, so it's great that we jammed out a bunch of school this morning, but I need to stay focused.
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

C threw up just as I took the enchiladas out of the oven. I made them because A hates them, and she was too sick to eat anyway. Now I just need S to get it so we can be done.

I did more laundry.
    worked on Social Studies with Silas. I bought Mapping the World with Art for him, but I haven't figured out how to use it yet.

Btw: this is my first time trying to wash sick out of sheets with an HE washer. I am not impressed. Is there a trick to it?
    Last edited by Jekka Renee; 02-06-2019 at 03:46 PM.

Jekka- Not sure there is a trick. My HE washer is 15 years old, but it does the job. Wash them again in hot water?

Shay- So glad you had a nice visit. I think it's great you will miss your sister!

Update:
    • got the library card stuff worked out
    • vacuumed first and second floors
    • emailed dh the dust mite carpet cleaner info- and a picture of our vacuum canister which is ridiculous.
    • FB video chatted with E- he asked if I had a few minutes. Which usually means it will be a while. I miss E!
    • washed two loads of laundry- I should do more, but I'm not sure I will.
    • had dishwasher emptied
    • picked up R- who feels horrible
    • group work- including answering a from a random person who wants to homeschool
    • gathered up the trash- prepped it for going out
    • started a whole chicken in the IP- for shredded chicken bbq

It's been a long day with people not feeling well. The Lyme kid is done out from yesterday. College Lyme kid is not well this week. Sigh. We've played it low key to recover.

My plan is to work on blog work this evening and probably make some cookies. I bought some snacks for the college care package and I'll try to get that sent tomorrow. He asked for a few things from home and the cookies. I've got some Valentine stuff for him and a few healthy snacks like peanuts and raisins.

I think I'll roast some veggies to go with our sandwiches along with some fries on a tray.