Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wednesday DECLUTTERING!

Jekka -- UGH!! I am SO sorry. Misery.
    Not sure about the washer. We had a front-loader, HE washer for 12 years, and it was meh … When it died, we replaced it with a top loader Speed Queen. I LOVE my Speed Queen. The clothes get wet and clean

Heather -- sorry the Lyme kids aren't doing well What's E doing at school to help get back in the groove? How's he managing that?

Since last time:
    * had lunch
    * did take 30 minutes to run some Pampered Chef stuff to 2 places
    * started working on more reservations for our trip this summer. Called the family that runs a slot canyon tour that sounds AMAZING -- we'll be the only people on the tour, they'll take us through their land and tell us about Navajo life, tell us about plant life there, show us their family sweat lodge, and walk us through slot canyons on their land SO excited about this one. http://www.hikingslotcanyons.com/
    * started working on the new puzzle with Mattie
    * baked some cupcakes just cause
    * the boys are off playing with the neighbor boys at the creek. Their sisters are going to come over here to visit with the girls

I'm going to do some more trip planning/hotel reservations ….

Supper will be frozen hamburgers and sautéed potatoes
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige- That tour looks fun! What's E doing at school? Doing school, walking to class, reading a lot, keeping in close touch with his access consultant, and managing all his finances, etc. Medications? He's not on any. He did intramural soccer last semester and plans to do ultimate frisbee this spring. Basically, has to continue detoxing which includes exercise, water, and doing his academic work, etc. But, he took so much medicine for so long, he's on a break from taking things. BUT, the best thing he can do he's doing which is to live his life and manage it well. He's doing that. He's keeping track of everything, studying hard, resting well, asking for help if he needs it, and he takes care of everything related to school administration. He has a long way to go to get back to full health, but he is working hard and doing well. There is no way he'd be so successful without his accommodations. His scholarship is such that it pays for most of his schooling and living expenses. Dh's benefit covers the rest and E manages all the finances through that and pays his own way home, etc. He has stepped up in ways we weren't sure were possible. All of it is good! And he's 20. He doesn't have time for the nonsense. A friend he studies with for math classes was hoping to rent an airbnb (ah!) for the super bowl and E was like nope. Not going to some random place off campus with this guy's friends doing who knows what and not be able to get back to campus on my own. Nope. And I was like I love you kid!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Paige: I'm forwarding that link to my sister. She's taking my two oldest to the Grand Canyon at the end of the month, and I think they'd love a tour like this.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Quote Originally Posted by Jekka Renee View Post
    Paige: I'm forwarding that link to my sister. She's taking my two oldest to the Grand Canyon at the end of the month, and I think they'd love a tour like this.
    Not sure how far it is from the Southern Entrance of the Grand Canyon??? We're going "around" -- southern entrance to Las Vegas, up to Zion National park, and then down to Page, AZ to this and then over to Mesa Verde (4 corners area). Antelope Canyon is the "main" major canyon of the area with a huge tourist draw. It's more expensive and, from what I've read, is like herding cattle. All the reviews I've read on this are amazing -- it's a family-run company on family land, and they tell you Navajo history, etc. SO incredible. I talked to the lady today, and she had the phone at her house painting, but just her excitement telling me about what we'd see and all the things they talk about was tremendous!!! (and it's cheaper than the run-of-the-mill, mass tourist tours, too Still expensive, but cheaper. We almost nixed this one because of the price, and then Jim changed his mind and said it's once in a lifetime. We'll never go back there. The kids may, but we won't....). You'll have to let me know what she decides

Heather -- that is GREAT about E. It sounds like, while he still has his struggles, that he is doing AMAZING Fantastic!!!

I've been working on trip stuff. Got a couple more hotels booked and then got frustrated with some. So the Clarion Brand (Comfort Suites, Clarion Suites, etc.) keep changing their prices AS you look. Called the hotel itself, and it's cheaper to book online than calling the hotel (not all brands are like that). NEver got those reservations made …. So, I have more to make. I'm probably done for today, though.

ROBIN -- how are ya'll? Been thinking about you all day. Keep coming back, checking on an update...
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Jekka - mine is a top loader with no agitator. I set it on bulky load and hot.
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Paige - ugh that is a pain, changing prices while looking

Heather -- AWESOME for E!!

Jekka -- sorry for the sickness

Shay -- glad you had good time with your sister & family

• sheets
    • photos
    • vacuumed
    • meals
    • light bulb

The light in my bedroom has been dim f.o.r.e.v.e.r. So today I decided it would be a good time to fix it. Reason it has taken so long is didn't know how to get the globe off the ceiling fan.

Well it took me & both boys a long time but we finally figured it out. (no dh didn't have a clue either).
    I don't know if we have ever changed the bulb since fan was out up. I am sure we have but don't know how we got the globe off.

Also cleaned a ton of dust from up there
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds