Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Friday Decluttering 2/8/2019

Default Friday Decluttering 2/8/2019

Good Morning Ladies, HW is still having troubles getting onto the boards so I am starting the thread today.

CH1: Bedrooms

CH2: School supplies

IT: Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new beginning. - Carl Bard
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Hello Ladies,
    Yesterday afternoon got really busy and I wasn't able to get back on the forums.
    I was trying to finish regular school stuff, clean up for our meeting last night, and make an early dinner. On top of that, I was burning a candle on the kitchen island and the glass container got to hot and broke. This spilled wax everywhere and the kids tell me that the flame shot up too. I was upstairs in the bathroom and they dumped a glass of water on it, which put out the flame thankfully, but it also sent red wax everywhere! They were afraid I would be upset with them, which I wasn't. I was just thankful that it didn't cause a fire and that they didn't get hurt. The wax and glass clean up took a bit of time. I didn't clean the wax off of the upholstered stool. I put the stool out on the deck and will clean that up later today.

So far:
    Ash woke us up at 5am. She was coughing and her asthma was acting up. I got out the nebulizer and after she had a treatment she went back to sleep. It seems she has caught the cold that is going around, Logan has it too.
    I went back to bed and then got up at 6:30am.
    Bible reading
    breakfast
    discussed the day with Dan
    got kids started on school work

Plan for the day:
    Dan has an early meeting at work, then he plans to contact a car dealership in Maryland about a van he would like to purchase. If everything checks out, he will come home and take the kids with him to MD to buy this van.
    The kids have to go with him because I have a women's event, the third of our three events to encourage consistent Bible reading in community with the tool our church uses.

up next:
    Math with the boy
    Table time
    more school
    pack lunches for Dan and the kids

this afternoon:
    possible Costco run for treats for today and tomorrow
    review stuff for tonight
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Testing- can I do this?

- - - Updated - - -

Ok going to try again with my list:
    • planner school
    • update planners
    • school and meeting time
    • washing bedding- and other laundry work
    • help direct boys in the room work- painting prep
    • start a pork roast- for carnitas
    • deposit Christmas checks
    • send E another box- I forgot a bunch of stuff
    • blog work- including a photo session
    • tea time- at church
    • tidy up school flat surfaces

I rebooted my computer. I had a bunch of windows open and figured I'd better give things a fresh start. Now I'll get back to what I was doing.

I missed chatting here yesterday! thanks for pitching in AR!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good Morning!
    Well, it's back into the freezer for us. We've been somewhere in the 50's all week, and then the bottom fell out. Currently it's 24*F with a wind chill of 5*F. At least it's only a couple days and then we'll get back above freezing. We've had SO much rain the past couple days, too.

So far:
    • email management and reading
    • cleared the dish drainer; rinsed some dishes but there's more to do after I unload the drainer again
    • more reading

I need to get myself moving, but all I want to do is curl up under a mountain of blankets and read the day away.

For TODAY:
    • school with ds11... he just asked for an art project
    • library runs
    • tutor reading
    • kitchen clean up... it's bad at the moment
    • table piles... ugh
    • make pizza for supper
    • Friday night ice cream

Have a great day!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

I'm back home. We got home around 9:30 last night. I was back at it this morning...

-group devotions/staff meeting
    -sent off information for the English camp flyer that I had Chelsea help design
    -make up piano lesson
    -grocery shopping
    -worked on plans for a conference I am hosting in May for the missionary team we are creating
    -messaged summer interns about English camp theme
    -worked on the summer intern calendar
    -prayed with dh for a church member that came by that is really going through some tough stuff
    -gave in and relaxed this evening. I think I've caught the cold/flu thing that Hudson had and Addie now has.

Angela, I'm sorry about the sickness. We've got a yucky cold thing going around here too.
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Angela -- glad no one got hurt or anything caught fire! Hope everyone feels better soon

Cindy -- we are back to freezer too! YES pile of blankets and reading sound like an awesome plan!!

Heather -- E will be happy to get 2 boxes

Lindsey -- glad you made it back home safely and you did jump right back in

After days of clouds, wind and rain we have beautiful blue skies and sunshine with some breeze thrown in. The only thing the rainy day temps were high 60s and 70. Today the temp is 22 feels like 11. No porch for me today

Today:
    • school - lots
    • laundry
    • dining room 1 day I will get it done
    • photos
    • double check my store list
    • meals
    • general pick up

The dining room pile is random junk that I think I need but not sure where to put it. Some is holding there until I finish cleaning out other spots. No since in moving from dining room to home spot only to have to move it again when I clean home spot.

TGIF Have a GREAT one!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Oh, the IT is perfect for me today!! I was already about to start printing a sleep journal and that just confirms I NEED to do this even if the timing isn't perfect. It never will be and my health and life are diminishing until I fix it!

Angela, sorry about the wax mess and sickness, but so thankful it's wax and not fire damage!

Heather, boxes are on my list today too! I have cookies to make and several things to box up for my three boys.

Cindy, ugh on email management! I need to unsubscribe, but I keep doing it and it never seems to slow down! I have so much junk to delete...

Lindsey, you got a lot of admin stuff done! Woohoo!

Michelle, your dining room sounds like my spare room!

Speaking of spare room, I think I'm going to move kids around. Rebekah asked this summer and then everything with my mom and I threw it on the back burner. But really, I think it would help with decluttering and sisterly relationships. I might move the little boys into the girls' bedroom and separate the girls into the spare room and the little boys' room. The girls are 5 years apart and it's just so stressful between age and personality differences. And it's hard to get Jules to sleep at a decent time if Bekah is trying to have some quiet time in there because Julie wants to talk. I need to run this by the little boys, but I think they will be game for it. I would do it Feb vacation week when we have no dance commitments.

Today!
    -barn chores done
    -house chores done
    -Bekah has started school
    -I need to print some stuff for school
    -lunch, already. ugh
    -school
    -cookies
    -boxes! NEED to do them today to ship tomorrow!
    -print sleep journal and see what's involved exactly
    -animal chores again
    -bedtime! for kids
    -dh will probably want to watch Blacklist
    -bedtime for me!

Can everyone share about how much sleep they get and if it works for them? I know everyone is different. I'm just trying to figure out how far off I am. I get 6 hours of very interrupted sleep. Like, a Fitbit monitor tracked waking up 10-17 times a night when I tried it for 2 weeks. And that's actually waking up, not just turning over. Sometimes I'm awake a few minutes(the usual is about 5-10 minutes), sometime a couple of hours(once or twice a week). I would LOVE 6-8 hours of restful sleep. My brain would likely go into shock, but I feel I need that to try to fix the level of sleep deprivation I'm dealing with.

Anyway, have a great day!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(19), Rebekah(16), Julianne(12), Jonathan(9)and Joshua(4)

Angela: I first read that as "glass counter" instead of "glass container" I was aghast. Container is bad enough.

Testing if it will go though before I try writing again
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

So far:
    • started updating an old post- it's shaping right up. Just need a few new images.
    • did the campus drop
    • made a list of the pictures I want to take today
    • took out the light kit- and put wrapping paper that was outside the closet door back in it (it was blocked up to make room for J to sleep in the studio)
    • did chemistry with the 16yo
    • updated the boys' assignment books and my planner
    • cleaned two showers
    • cleaned two bathrooms- the ones upstairs with the showers
    • started E's bedding laundry
    • moved that and started more
    • picked up R - to give her a break. She's got a class and then works the hockey game concessions tonight.
    • put some clothes away into my dresser
    • had lunch with dh- at a local restaurant. His lunch meeting was canceled.
    • took R back to campus
    • sent J in to buy an onion- so I can take some microscope pictures. He was feeling big.
    • credit union- to deposit those checks

Ok...next up on my list is to take blog pictures. I'm going to prep the table and get my light kit set up. Then I have a list to click through. I hope they turn out well.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

• load laundry
    • updated planner
    • added to store list - took my notebook and stood at pantry shelves and made my list - maybe I have gotten everything on list
    • heated lunch & clean up
    • uploaded pictures from phone to laptop
    • organized said pics into files
    • went thru phone deleting close to 1000 pics. Probably should delete more, maybe later

Not a whole lot but took time and needed doing. Plus my lazy self could stay in my chair with my heated pink thing (like rice sock) on my back and wrapped in a blanket and still say I accomplished something Glad

Have also been looking for meal ideas. Totally lost track of time and don't have a plan for supper...oops
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds