Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Default Saturday DECLUTTERING!

Weekend Challenge: Hit some clutter hot spots.

School Challenge: Long range planning and prep

For me today:
    • blog work- more photos and other work
    • lyme paper work
    • chemistry- with a lab
    • laundry
    • start roast
    • training videos
    • reading time
    • play games
    • tidy the first floor
    • check out cell phone microscopes- possibly purchase one
    • help boys with painting prep

Today I'll be mainly focused on blog work with some chemistry and a sprinkling of other things. I'm working on a project I'd like to finish. Basically, I'm updating everything I've written for one topic because it is one that people visit my site for and I have a new freebie related to it. Pretty excited!

Dh will continue to prep the boys' room for painting. He intends to finish the work in the next couple of weeks.

What will you be up to today?
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning!
    For today I hope to get to Menards when dh comes home I want to start my closet project!
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

For today:
    Dry window ledges - I did three of the windows and soaked up an entire towel. Need to get the rest.
    Clear entry
    Clean common room - this isn't too messy, Lego and origami scattered everywhere.
    Clear hallway
    Use tomatoes before they go bad
    I want to go sledding, but I think it's still too cold
    Reorganize, decide on shelves in spare room/ office.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

So far:
    • put a new picture in one of my most popular posts
    • made a hot breakfast- fried apples and sausage
    • remembered to add making Valentines for my mom to my list- it's the anniversary of my parent's first date and a big deal for them
    • ordered fabric and feathers for R's fashion collective design- had to pay $23 in shipping to make sure it's here in time for her to work on it (not a huge amount compared to the coast of six yards of fabric from this place- trust me when I say that an Ivy League fashion program does NOT go for fabric from JoAnn's with the half off coupon)
    • took steps to get rid of the headache I woke up with- allergies are fun
    • just checked my email to see that I got a coupon- only good for the first purchase after making said purchase because I made an account. :eye: That might have paid for the shipping. Rats.

Moving on!

Jekka- I'm curious as to why you did not build closets to start. I'm sorry it's all been such a hassle!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather -- I do not sew and know nothing about fabric but the fabric is really that different that R can't use some from JoAnn's? Just curious.

Jekka -- hope the closets aren't to hard to build. Our house is technically a 2 bedroom house because the boys room does not have a closet. (actually their room is the parlor or living room). That surprised the man across the street one day when we were talking. His house is MUCH smaller than ours and use to be a 2 bedroom when we moved in here. Somewhere along the way someone closed in the carport and turned it into a bedroom.

Beautiful sunshine and blue skies today but still cold (26 feels like 17). Tomorrow we are back to rain.

Today:
    • kitchen??
    • dining room
    • photos
    • decide on dessert for tomorrow

A nap may happen too. I didn't go to bed until nearly 4am. I just wasn't sleepy. So I sat watching hallmark movies until I got sleepy.

Just a random thought. I have learned so much from these boards and you wonderful ladies over the years. I thought about it the other night when a movie showed the guy tapping a maple tree. Dh asked about the syrup. Thanks to Shay I could tell kinda how it works (no tapping trees around here). Or Heather talking about having the winter tires put on van. We don't do that either.
    And I don't feel stupid (well sometimes I do) asking yall a question about things (like the fabric). Some things I would never have any exposure to if it wasn't for yall. So Thank you for broadening my horizons.

Have a GREAT Saturday!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Ugh. I had a whole post typed out and then went to advanced settings and it said I was forbidden. And the post was lost!!

I'll check back in later!
    Wife to Pastor Tim and Mom to April (graduate), Erica (graduate), Jacob (graduate), and Jesse (5th gr).

Michelle- First, thanks for the mention on the maple syrup. It reminded me to answer a potential client on my willingness to use their evaporator this season. I'm getting a fluted evaporator to review and write about. It's supposed to fit on my gas grill, but ours is too small and old for the job. I checked with a friend who does a nice little operation and he's excited to try it out. Hopefully in the future, I'll be able to use it with my own trees when we get a new grill, but for now I can try it out and write about it. The one he has now is not a continuous boil. I just need to work out when we'll go up to his sugar shack to get pictures and help out. What's crazy is they agreed to send me a 55gal drum sized evaporator that converts to a smoker in the off season. Swoon. But, it was too big for the few trees we can tap on our property.

On the fabric- R was going to go cheap, but the faculty in the program are not ok with the quality of fabric at JoAnns. She could have gotten it there, but I encouraged her to think bigger because this is a runway show and she will have spent many hours on her design by the time the design takes its walk down the runway. I would hate for her design to be lackluster because she skimped on fabric quality. She ordered 6yds of a white satin and 6 yards of white tulle. She ordered from a shop in the Garment District of NYC also known as the Fashion District. We keep entering drawings for trips to NYC (on one of the campus to campus buses run by Cornell- Cornell's medical school is in the city) to have our visit. Someday! I also ordered 1000 white feathers and some spider web fluffy stuff.

I think my recent comment on her gown was in one of the posts I couldn't post the other day. She's been assigned to make a drag outfit. Her model is a 6ft guy who will be wearing a white feathered gown with wings, a crown, and a feather train. Her design is complex and has some deep meaning. I'll share more about it as it comes together. She met with her model a couple days before the muslin (the mock up of the gown) was due. She spent last weekend drafting the patterns according to his measurements and she met with him the other day to have a fitting. She says it's the best fitting muslin she's ever made! It needs just a few adjustments. So, it was time to order the real fabric.

And I agree! it's fun to learn things about different places. So glad to be a part of this with you, Michelle!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CINDY LB OH View Post
    Ugh. I had a whole post typed out and then went to advanced settings and it said I was forbidden. And the post was lost!!

I'll check back in later!
    Yes. This is what happened to Jekka and I!

Morning! Popping in quick on my phone. On the ski hill. Have to run to Walmart and the chore day at home. Yay. LOL.

Will try to check in from home later. Have a great one!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(19), Rebekah(16), Julianne(12), Jonathan(9)and Joshua(4)

Hello Ladies,

HW - Thanks for telling me what stain you used; I had forgotten the names because it had been so long since I used them but I am pretty sure we used the methylene blue as well. Fun!
    Wow! The drag dress sounds like quite a project. I can't wait to see what she comes up with.

Michelle -Same! I'm so thankful for all of you!

Jekka -You are so creative, I am sure you will come up with a good closet solution. I just hope it doesn't take too much work.

Cindy - Stink! on loosing the post.

My event went well last night although only one lady showed up! So, there were three of us; myself, the hostess, and a pastor's wife. I'm not sure what happened because we had several rsvps, but there has been a lot sickness going around. We still had a nice time and a good conversation, so that was good.

Dan got the van and they got home around 11:30pm. Everything took a long time at the dealer because of negotiating etc. Then, they stopped at Dan's grandma's home on the way back to eat their dinner and visit a bit.

We all slept in this morning.
    Dan showed me the new van and all the bells and whistles.
    We spent some time researching floor mats online.

Dan took Logan to baseball try-outs.
    I'm meeting him in a parking lot shortly to take Logan and the girls to the second-hand book store as a reward for the RAR January reading challenge. Dan is taking the van to get the state inspection.

This afternoon:
    some planning and cleaning

This evening:
    A Christmas Tree burning party. One of our pastor's hosts this and invites families from his neighborhood plus a few church friends. His neighbors save their Christmas trees and thy burn them one at a time in his fire pit, standing up.
    It is crazy. I bring fire extinguishers every year....just in case.
    I think they are serving soup,I am bringing 3 dozen dinner rolls (Costco) and some good butter.

- - - Updated - - -

Shay
    - I hope your day of skiing, errands, and farm chores goes well.
    Praying you can find a way to get more sleep. Seriously, you need more uninterrupted sleep than what you have been getting!
    Last edited by Angela Rose; 02-09-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Angela -- that sounds crazy! (tree burning). I have heard of the burning Christmas trees but not straight up. Bet it is cool to watch too. Smart on extinguishers.

Shay -- chore day

Cindy -- it did that to me too..forbidden

Heather -- Oh wow on R and design. Can't wait to see it!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds