Thread: Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Default Sunday DECLUTTERING!

Weekend Challenge: Hit some clutter hot spots.

School Challenge: Prepare for a new week of school.

For me today:
    • get apples prepped for making applesauce
    • church and snack duty
    • game time- someone invited us from church
    • blog work
    • start boys on picking a paint color- easier said than done (so far no real agreement)
    • lyme paperwork- phone consult on Tuesday morning
    • start roast- for real
    • set up a salt experiment- and get some pictures along the way
    • make a Valentine for my mom

Not really sure how this afternoon is going to work- we'll be late getting over there because we have snack duty and then there is lunch. I hate to complicate things, but I'm not going to be able to eat anything she throws into your crock pot. We'll see what happens. Life is complicated. Even when we don't intend it to be. It makes me tired.

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather: I love that you make your mom a valentine. Good luck on the paint color.
    I do have a plan where I can remove the closets. I'm thinking I might just keep them though. I'll decide once they are up.

Our car won't start. Sent S to church with my parents and a shopping list, car battery, serpentine belt, brake fluid, kerosene (to warm garage while he works)...
    For today:
    Laundry piles
    Dishes
    Clear table
    Play board games
    Brush Aria's and Titus's hair, they got super tangled while we were sick.
    Brunch
    Last edited by Jekka Renee; 02-10-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Good morning!

Heather, hope lunch works out! I don't mind working around allergies/sensitivities(my sister is vegan and my friend is gluten-free) and I also don't mind if someone brings an alternate meal, such as a sandwich or even a hot meal?

Jekka, saw your closet manifesto yesterday! I about died laughing! I do love the versatility of wardrobes, but when we built, it never even occurred to me to use them instead of closets! Mind-blown! You kind of made me want to rip them out now. Okay, most of ours are pretty good closets, except two. The third floor closets are super tiny, practically useless(okay, they hold clothes. Literally, there are two hanging bars and they are full of dress clothes) and really need new doors. We have regular hinge doors like the rest of the house, but due to ceiling line and placement, they don't open fully. They open about 80 degrees. I really need to just stick another type of door there, but it's been 5 years. Who knows if I ever will. I'll just get annoyed every time I open one and it hits the beam.

Michelle, I'm so happy about the maple tapping! Woohoo!! I learn all sorts of things here too! I still tell people about Colleen's chicken bus.

Angela, thanks for the sleep thoughts! Yeah, it's been rough. And I'm glad your event went well, even if turn out wasn't so great. Enjoy the new van!

Cindy, I have several Christmas items out too. Maybe today... LOL

Yesterday, spent he morning at the ski hill. It was SO crowded! There were races and then the winds closed another ski place down(couldn't run the lifts) and they moved the races from that place to ours, and yeah. It was CrAzY! Could barely walk through the lodge and parking was almost non-existent. There were 4 buses when we got there and another 6 arrived before we left. It is NOT a big place. But the kids had fun and Julie rode the main slope. I missed it because I was watching another one and when she told me, I was shocked. Girl is brave!

Ran by Walmart and then home. Loaded up on firewood, fed the cow. The calf was a stinker and removed the heater from the water tub, so it was frozen over with an inch of ice. Had to break ice and hold it back so the mom could get a good drink. Put the heater back in to thaw the ice. Cleaned the bonus room with the kids, Js cleaned the loft. I cleaned the kitchen, loaded/unloaded dishwashers and packaged up chicken stock for the freezer. Also cleaned the dining area. Made dinner and then crashed on the couch! LOL

Today:
    -animals done
    -chores, I need to check
    -pack boxes. I did make cookies(snickerdoodles, double chocolate, and peanut butter chocolate chunk) on Friday and packaged them, but never got boxes packed. I ran too late yesterday morning, so today is the day. I will mail them tomorrow. I did wrap them and refrigerate them, so they will not go stale.
    -dance costume. I need to finish the second one and then I am done! I can bring them in Tuesday to show the teacher and give the other girl hers. Whew! They were not hard or time-consuming, it's just been a little niggle in my mind I want removed.
    -pizza and a movie night

I may or may not get other stuff done.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Heather -- do y'all have snack duty every week? Hope this person knows you and lunch is something you can eat.

Jekka -- could you build the closets then after inspection or whatever take the doors off. Make it kinda a shelving unit? And how big do these closets have to be?

Shay -- WAY TO GO JULIE!!! Uh you did enough yesterday! Enjoy the day!

Yesterday after the initial burst of cleaning (load laundry, dusted, vacuumed LR, hall, dining, kitchen & baths) I did nothing else. Well I worked on some pictures, made food & clean up but then read & watched movies.

Stayed up way late too. Was watching a movie and listening to the scanner. Something with a past neighbor was going on out near my good friends house.

Today I should work but we are heading to my stepmoms around lunch time. I will eat, help her clean kitchen and lets be honest....be lazy

So far:
    • slept late
    • quiet time
    • started load laundry
    • made & got 2 pies in oven - chocolate pecan pies
    • made tea - to take
    • wiped down kitchen
    • gathered last item I am suppose to take
    • mixed up orange juice
    • text with friend - about last night stuff

Maybe I will come home and do some work. Probably not but I can dream

Have a Blessed day!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Hello Ladies,

Just popping in to say "hi!" The Christmas Tree burning was fun, Ash said she wasn't feeling well when we left. She woke up in the night once and she and Dan stayed home from church this morning.
    I'm still taking Hannah to MS Community and I also have a meeting during that time.

MIchelle - I hope you are enjoying your "lazy" visit with your step-mom!

Jekka - I loved reading your thoughts on closets. I've never really thought about it, but our closets do collect clutter- lots of it!

HW - I hope the lunch went well.

Shay - Enjoy your pizza and movie night, what are you going to watch?

I'm going to tidy up my desk before our early dinner - have a great night ladies!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

A wants to give her barbies to her cousin - so I'm at my parents house going through huge bins (like giant plastic bins) full of, and I mean full to the brim, toys with her: I have piles of K'nex, Lego, ninja turtles, game pieces, pattern blocks... just a ton of it. I know it needs to be done, but this is getting very, very tedious. But if I stop, I have to start over again, because these bins aren't sorted either. Just every thing in all of them.

But, A is finding a lot of things to get rid of, so it's worth it.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Good evening, friends! It has been so busy here. I haven't read the thread in several days and I feel out of the loop! So I hope everything is going okay for everyone! I hope to be back to posting and reading regularly soon!!