Thread: BuJo and planner peeps....

Default BuJo and planner peeps....

I am looking for a good notebook, likely spiral bound, that has quality paper (ink doesn't show through), and finding it in a grid pattern would be the icing on the cake!

I am trying to create a bullet journal with a spiral notebook, rather than pay big dollars for a Moleskine. My bujo is "disposable" -- just a workbook for the year, something that will eventually be tossed. I think of Moleskines as more permanent journals for .... diaries, record keeping, etc. This notebook is just for daily "to do"s and extra pages for note taking, lists, etc.

But I dislike the large size of the standard Meade spiral notebook (the larger size), but like something in the 7" x 10" range.... and quality 'acid free' paper would be nice, too.

I don't ask for much!

Curious if anyone has found the 'perfect' notebook for such things.....
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

Have you looked at Plum Paper? You can customize them a lot!
    https://www.plumpaper.com/shop/categ...ized-notebooks
    They are a bit pricey, but they hold up well and I love the quality. I love their planners and notebooks. I have a yearly planner, school planner for Noah, and a notebook for church. I usually buy them during sales (Mother's Day and Black Friday).
    Hollie, Special Needs Forum Moderator
    Wife to my best friend Tom and mom to 20yo Eli, 18yo Kyle, and 14yo Noah (with Down syndrome)
    If a child can't learn the way we teach, maybe we should teach the way they learn. Ignacio Estrada

Hmmm idk about spiral bound but I got my dot grid bujo at Walmart for less than $7. 👍
    I think some ghosting is inevitable, unfortunately.

I'd second Plum Paper.. you could even get a monthly planner in A5 or 7x9 so that the months were already written in for you if you wanted.. I think they are currently having a Valentine's Sale so if you use a cover on your notebook that fits in that category you'd save 10%. If you don't have a registered account I could send you a 10% off discount voucher and you could stack them because the sale doesn't require a code.. that's if the sale is still on.
    Kendra, wife of Lawrence, mother of three.

I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves.

Hey Shelly,
    I saw these dot grid spiral bound notebooks on the "By Sun and Candlelight" blog and instagram.

It looks like the price has gone up recently, but maybe something like that would work for you?

I hope you can find the perfect notebook!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Thanks for the comments and suggestions, ladies!

Hollie and Kendra: I have heard of Plum Paper so took a closer look. It has potential.... though I'm kind of trying to stay on the cheap side of things.....

Shonda - "ghosting" -- that's the word for it, thanks! I think I mentioned it because I grabbed a "very" cheap spiral book at Walmart and the pages are way too thin -- it was just a regular spiral notebook, but 5 X 7 size. I was eager to make it work, but I can't take the thin pages.....

Angela: Dawn on "By Sun and Candlelight" is such a visually inspiring person!!! I have followed her blog for years, and this recent one is probably where my current "itch" is coming from. She takes do-it-yourself planners and calendars to a whole new level, and I don't have the kind of time to invest at the level she does.... but I'm always on the hunt for perfection! (not necessarily a good thing!) I did notice those spiral books she mentioned. Again, they are a little pricey, but I might take the plunge...

I recently got out a regular Moleskin that I used a few years ago.... I don't know that I would enjoy the page size now (the traditional BuJo size)... and again, I'm really just looking for a daily notebook I can love and enjoy... and then throw away -- ha!

Thanks again everyone!
    Livin' on the prairie with special husband and wonderful young lady! (7/00)

I like the $5 journals at Michael's. They have all the kinds.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).