Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monday Decluttering 2/11/2019

Default Monday Decluttering 2/11/2019

Hello Ladies, HW is getting error messages when she tries to post on the boards, but she sent me the post for today. Here it is, from HW:

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens- clean counters, cupboards, floors, pantries, frigs, freezers, etc. Make a Valentine treat!

School Challenge
    : Book challenge- read aloud, new reading challenges, organize and rearrange books, library business.

Inspiring Thought: Paying attention, ordering knowledge, and then articulating it—these are high-level thinking skills, and students who use narration regularly will be able to apply those skills wherever they are needed. - Karen Glass, Know and Tell

For me today:

set up and experiment- and take pictures
    school time- including meeting time
    read aloud
    update planners
    planner school
    tidy the media room
    laundry
    group work
    set up meds- for the lyme kid
    studio time- make that Valentine and get it in the mail
    blog work
    walk

Here we are at the second week of February! What's on tap for this week for you?

Thankfully, our week is much lower key than it's been the last few and we only have a couple of appts/lessons.

I tried posting again yesterday, but it was giving me an error again. Let's hope this post is successful!

Have a wonderful start to the new week!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Here’s what I did today…

-staff meeting and devotions
    -grocery shopped
    -made a salad for lunch
    -planning for summer teams with Chelsea
    -dusted
    -swept
    -walk
    -lesson planning
    -Biology
    -Algebra
    -Turned on the history video
    -made pork roast, roasted carrots, roasted potatoes, sautéd zucchini and onions and sliced apples for dinner
    -practiced piano
    -showed Chelsea how to play Super Mario Brothers. Dh and the kids taught her how to play Life Force. She had never seen either of these old school video games.
    -folded about 4 loads of laundry
    -put a bunch of laundry away

That's about it for me today.

Heather, I hope you are able to join us again!
    Angela, Thanks for stepping in!
    Lindsey Carter
    Wife to Chris for 19 years and Mom to Wesley 15, Adelaide 14 and Hudson 11

Good Morning Ladies,

I hope the board problems get fixed!

CH1: Yes, I need to decide what we are doing for Valentine's day.

CH2: I think I have a library book due today so I need to figure that out.

IT: very encouraging!

so far:
    The varmits are still there. It is hard to tell whether or not they are outside or inside the walls. Ugh! They woke us up very early this morning.
    Dan left for work early
    Bible reading

up next:
    wake kids up!
    breakfast
    school
    laundry

for the rest of the day:
    general pick up
    hall bathroom
    Dan has a work friend and his pregnant wife coming over for dinner. I have not met either of them.

Have a great day!
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Testing!

So far:
    - made a lunch
    - did the campus run
    - sent an email to our normal science fair organizers
    - made some changes to my online book club group (anyone else want to join?)
    - downloaded a book list from Mr. S (Robin have you seen it yet?)

AR- I hope you catch those varmints. It's hard to tell where they are sometimes. Dan cut back tree limbs so the squirrels can't easily get on our roof. But, they are pretty determined creatures!

Lindsey- great dinner! I still need to get my pork roast cooking this week!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so the problem is intermittent!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Angela -- thank you for starting thread Hope you catch the varmits.

Lindsey -- oh your supper sounds Will y'all have a lot of people coming in the summer to help yall?

Heather -- glad you could get back on here.

It was so icky out yesterday, rain and mud, I really didn't want to leave the house yesterday but I enjoyed the time with my stepmom
    We had to park a little farther out at her house because of the ground being so soft (she doesn't have any gravel or concrete, just yard). Walking in ds2 kept looking back at me.
    Ds1 - what are you doing?
    Ds2 - making sure mom is still up
    Dh - you don't hear me laughing do you?
    gotta love them

So we leave and it hadn't stopped raining yet. Ds1 went and put stuff in the truck and came back to where I was just starting down the steps. Dh asked what did he forget. Ds1 said "Mom. I am going to walk with her to make sure she don't fall." Then he walks me out but has the back of my jacket and shirt clinched in his fist.....like a police making sure you don't run
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

It started raining Saturday night and hasn't stopped yet. Suppose to rain ALL day and probably all night. Our yard and field look more like ponds than yards.

Hopefully I can stay home today. It would be a good day to get a project done, or read. The reading sounds much better but I will try to work on a project. I need to do some work in the kitchen, Ch 1 hopefully I will actually do something
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Okay, laughing at myself! I thought Angela was posting the challenges and IT for Heather, but then had her own list and was wondering when Angela's kid developed Lyme!

Heather, hope the Valentine gets out today and sorry about the posting issues!

Angela, varmints are just ! HATE, HATE varmints anywhere in or near the house. Ugh. Sorry! Freaky and damaging. Okay, let it go...

Lindsey, sorry we missed dinner with you! Sounds delish!

Michelle, sorry about the rain! Well, not that you are getting rain, but that it all decided to come at once! We have mud season here. Starts in about 4 weeks. All the snow melts and then if anything falls from the sky, it is liquid too. Makes a right ol' mess and actually the roads get posted. No heavy trucks for about a month to six weeks. You need to schedule any deliveries before the posting or wait until after.

Today:
    -packed those boxes! Didn't get to it yesterday. Ran out of tape, but luckily, everything is in a box, so need to buy tape and then seal them up to ship.
    -barn chores
    -house chores, still going
    -school
    -Bangor for dance
    -Walmart for tape
    -PO
    -McD or ChikFilA for playspace
    -dinner, probably ChikFilA
    -pick up Bekah
    -home
    -evening chores

I did finish the dance costume, so they are now both done! Will bring them tomorrow and give the other girl hers and another check mark on my mental list!

Have a great day, ladies!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Angela, thanks for getting us started today. I missed it, though: What varmints are you dealing with?

Heather, I'm glad you week looks slower than they've been going. I haven't seen the book list yet, though I saw that Chris McS posted about it.

Michelle, I miss a good few-days long rain.

Shay, it's so good to get things off the list.

DH is working from home today. We just had piano lesson. Belle is still sleeping, but will get up soon and head out. I'm a bit frazzled today, but my hopes / plans are:

-take the car to the shop for an oil change
    -vacuum the basement
    -get the Bowflex up out of the basement, and list it for sale
    -plan the menu and grocery list, and maybe get to the store
    -take care of some soccer / dance admin stuff.
    -I might have a meeting today, but I don't know.
    -bank
    -phone calls

We had a busy weekend. My "extra daughter" got married Saturday. It was lovely! Last night we had a meeting for our athletic association; it lasted to 10. On the way home we stopped and picked up an oxygen concentrator that a neighbor had put out for us. So glad we don't have to buy that.

I think that's all.

Have a great day, everyone!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Good morning, all (well, it's now afternoon....).

Hoping all the internet problems are being worked on ….. (I think they are...).

Angela -- I must have missed the varmits in the house, too. What do you think they are?
    Hope dinner goes well

Michelle -- we have a rainy week ahead. It hasn't been a cold winter, but it sure has been a rainy one!

Lindsey -- sounds like you're doing a good job planning for the summer How many people are you expecting?

Shay -- glad the costumes weren't a huge issue.

Robin -- for a wedding! Was it local?

Heather -- what book are you doing for book club? Are these hsing books or ????

Here:
    * I've done lots of laundry and have folded 2 loads
    * SCHOOL -- been very productive with this today. I need to help Cale with something grammar wise that he says he needs help with.
    * M taught paino this morning, so she has to do afternoon school (although she typically does work in the afternoons, too)
    * exterminator called and wanted to know if he could come on today, and I told him yes, so he's already come and gone
    * if it's not raining, the boys may go to the creek to play with the neighbor boys
    * I cleaned out the fridge and have a huge bucket of food for the boys to take to the neighbor's pigs (I hate to throw food away -- the nice thing about having pigs and chickens -- we have neither at the moment).
    * I'd like to run to CVS and get a few things on my list and run by the bank while I'm out. We'll see..... Might or might not happen.
    * K worked a bit this morning and now is off to UA for her afternoon class
    * M and I have been working on a puzzle. Ben has started to help LOVE IT!!! I'm sure we'll work on that at some point.
    * I need to figure out a plan for supper.
    * and I need to text a few church ladies/friends -- one of our friends had surgery this morning, and we need to get a food schedule going.....

Hope ya'll have a good day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige, it was about an hour from here. It was lovely, lovely. And I am so excited for the two of them. The ceremony was perfect, and there was dinner and dancing after. Instead of throwing rice, we sent them off under a "saber arch" of lit sparklers.

DH and I went to take the car for an oil change; it also needs brake pads. :/ We checked out the soccer pitch for K to see if she can hold practice there today, then went to pick up Elvis' rx, then stops and the dry cleaners and the bank, and then home. Our carpet friend called. We were supposed to take delivery of the carpet last Tuesday but due to Elvis' emergency, we had to postpone. Now they can't get the carpet out here until next week.

I have also spent some time dealing with returns today. I have ordered a pair of shoes off Amazon - I order size 37, they send 38. This is the third time this has happened. I guess I give up. Also, it was time to replace my athletes' sports mouth guards. I ordered 4, they sent 7, although the extra three were invoiced to other people. I have been dealing with this, trying to return the extras, since January 25. Ugh.

It's nice out. After I send out some emails, I would like to cut some wood and get started on the project that I planned to do the week of January 21. The weather has been too cold and/or wet to work outside since then. Oh, wait. I need to do the menu and grocery list first.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.