Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Sorry, got called away.

Made and ate lunch- cleaned up.

Filled new squirrel proof bird feeder and hung on deck

did one load of wash

ordered one more thing for Valentine's

Now I will make some valentines and banana bread. Trying to savor this day at home.

Have a good day!
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

I'm at a Valentine's party. These things are so awkward when you're me. I know a handful of people, but not well.

I need to get to Menards when this is over to buy closet rods.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Update:
    • made the soup
    • updated the planners
    • discussed schooling items with the boys- we're making a few shifts
    • published a blog post- a few things to adjust
    • changed the name of a Pinterest board
    • moved laundry
    • started more laundry
    • made banana bread- finally. I always say I will and then I don't. but, I got to these before they were super over ripe so I might be able to eat this bread.
    • chemistry lab- just a basic spectroscope lab. But, I finally feel like we're getting somewhere in chemistry.
    • school planning- making shifts in some areas. Worked on Algebra II, chemistry, and English I for J

That wind is fierce. I'm not looking forward to the campus pick up. If it looks too icy when I leave out the door, they may need to take the bus. But, if I go, Dan is driving home!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

We made it home! It was blowing and slippery out there. I'm just glad the sun goes down so much later now. It wasn't terrible by any means, just slow.

Went to Menards for dowel rods
    Went to thrift store for flat bedsheets (figured that was cheaper than fabric)
    Went to library to return books and get a couple holds
    Went to bank
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

For the record, I know your name is Jessica, Jekka! It was how your little brother said your name and it stuck, is that right?

Update:
    • worked on another landing page
    • did some dishes
    • headed out to do the campus run- sleeting now (it wasn't terrible earlier but dh drove anyway!)
    • banana bread was enjoyed- half the loaf is left
    • made dinner and did more dishes
    • cleaned up dinner- did more dishes
    • loaded and ran the dishwasher
    • had it emptied earlier
    • had last load of laundry moved to the dryer
    • R's fabric is not really the right color- went over options with her

JoAnn's isn't answering their phone, so they aren't going out tonight. They would have dashed off to get something better. The full shell of the dress in the real fabric must be done by Monday. She'll take it with her for a second opinion in the morning and I can take her over to the store later in the morning.

Ok...I imagine we may do some movie watching tonight (the rest of HP 4), so I want to get my walk in and maybe a little work before then. Dh is patching walls in the boys' room. He's patching where their shelving was hung because I think they want to change things around. I'd be happy if not all of it went back on the walls.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

We’re home. Drove all the way to see my mil (over 1 1/2 hrs). Got there, and there’s a sign on the door — they’re on lock down. No visitors because of the flu. Closed up this afternoon. 2-3 cases in the past 2 days hit 30 cases of the flu there today ��. I handed a nurse (who came to the door) a bag of books I brought my mil We turned around and drove back home — stoppedwhen we got to town and ate at zaxbys

Amy — yes, the carjacker was caught. He took the truck and then crashed it and was arrested.

Lawson still has a bullet lodged in his back, and a hole in the back of his throat. Can’t Putin a feeding tube because of the hole. Feeding him with an iv. Have to wait 5 days to see if the hole heals. If not, wait 2 more days... he’s in a lot of pain. Crazy stuff!!!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige, I am so sorry that you didn't get to see your MIL. And I hate to hear about Lawson. My word.

DH is at a meeting, Belle is headed to bed, and the other kids are cleaning the kitchen after dinner. This afternoon, I ran out to the oxygen supply place - 25 minutes each way - to pick up some parts for Elvis' oxygen crate. I called them before I went to see if they had what I needed. They said they did, so I drove out there. Turns out they didn't. Rats. Then I went to the grocery.

Now I just want to get in bed with a good book and read myself to sleep, but I also want to wait until DH gets home so we can at least visit have a conversation today.

Also, I want to eat Valentine's Day cookies. Unfortunately we haven't made them yet. The only time of the year that I make sugar cookies is for Valentine's Day. The best sugar cookies I have ever eaten were made by a classmate's mom. She and her kids knew how much I loved them; when she passed they made sure I got a copy of the recipe.

Have a lovely evening, y'all.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin- You know what I want? Those valentine heart shaped cookie sandwiches with jam inside. Mmmm! I don't have a recipe, but I do have a new PC pastry mat!

Paige
    - Oh my that poor kid. It all sounds so awful! I'm so sorry you could not visit your mil, but I'm glad you got the books in the door.

Update:
    • had the game table in the media room decluttered- still have books and games on there, but the other things are gone
    • shared a blog post- which is doing well
    • took my walk
    • watched the rest of the HP movie
    • worked with my designer on a few things- she's working on some things for me (I've got a LOT going on behind the scenes- I can hardly wait to make them available.)

Tomorrow is shaping up to be a busy day. I need to be at the grocery store in the morning and after that is all set, I'll be taking R to JoAnn Fabrics (unless she changes her mind). Then J has his first piano lesson! I haven't heard that his teacher is still sick.

Michelle- How are you today?