Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday DECLUTTERING!

Good morning! It's a beautiful day here.

Got a lot to do today: school, laundry, email and phone calls. DH and 2 of the kids are going up to ski with friends this weekend, and I want to make them a lasagna to take, so I have to get those things on the grocery list. We need to return the oxygen kit we rented from the vet, and we need to get Reggie in to get groomed while we're up that way.

A neighbor donated an oxygen condenser to us for Elvis, which is good because it looks like we will need one for the long term and can neither afford to buy or rent. The oxygen crate isn't so easy. They are upwards of $300. Instead, we're going to get a travel crate from Amazon and adapt it. We can get one for under $50. We'll have to go to Joann's and get vinyl "fabric" as part of our adaptation, though. Also, we are trying to modify lots and lots of things. Elvis can no longer do stairs, and we live in a two-story. We will have to put physical barriers at the top and bottom of the staircases, but the way they are designed there are no ready-made baby gates that will work. Also, we have to change habits: We can't leave him on the couch and walk away but instead have to put him on the floor. We can't leave his food bowl down after he finishes eating but must pick it up each time to keep our other dog out because of the med.

I slept in a couple of hours. Belle didn't get home from work until after 11:30, and then got up at 2:45 to head out again. I couldn't go back to sleep after she left, so I read for a while.

Heather, it is good to stay home in a storm when you can. Plus, I always feel more productive indoors in bad weather.

Paige, I hope you have a good visit with your MIL.

Jekka, are you kidding me? I am so frustrated for you.

Cindy, I'm glad your parents don't have to get out and do animal care in the ice.

Angela, I'm sad for that young family.

Michelle, I miss rain.

Shay, oh no! Praying right now.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Shay- Praying you haven't broken anything!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Totally lost my post earlier. Then I couldn't get onto the sight.

So here we go:
    • made pancakes
    • lyme call
    • campus run
    • eye dr
    • finished post and published
    • folded 6 or 7 loads of laundry
    • started today's laundry
    • started watching a live video- for training
    • had broth pulled so I can make soup for lunch

Whew- it's nasty out there. The roads weren't great, but my sled dog tires had a good time. Got the new lens and I think it's right.

This training is finishing up and I'm going to head into the kitchen to make soup!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Let's see if this post works.....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Just got back from the allergy dr and errands.
    Had to complain at the allergy dr -- they have a new receptionist. Used to be you'd walk in (for an allergy appointment -- it's also a peds office) and just sign in, pay, and go back to the allergy waiting room. The new lady can't multi-task, and she wants everyone to sign in and then go sit down. I typically wait 25-30 minutes before I get called to check in. RIDICULOUS for not seeing the dr. I saw the allergy dr in the hallway and complained today -- it's been too many times, and I don't need to spend 1 1/2 hours at the allergy dr just waiting around. She agreed that something needed to be done. We'll see when we go back in 3 weeks. I know I won't sit there for 25 minutes without finding someone and saying something.

Cindy -- LOTS of snow!!!

Jekka -- I'm with the others -- I didn't know your name was Jessica and about the "curtained" closets.

Robin -- on life changes with Elvis. Hope it's easy to make the adaptations!

AMY -- good to see you online last night

Angela -- glad you can be there to reach out to the young couple/new mom. I'm sure she appreciates it!

So one thing I posted this morning that got lost was a prayer request ….
    One of my friends from GA has a son who started college this year in a smaller town -- not a big university. He got carjacked yesterday He fought back and got shot 3 times -- shoulder, arm, and cheek. The cheek shot has shattered his jaw and has caused lots of damage to his throat with blood and swelling, and he's having trouble breathing. Eventually he'll have to have surgery, but for now, they just have to get him stable (he's in ICU)…. His name is Lawson if you think to pray for him....
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Paige- Holy wow. I'm so sorry. Praying for Lawson!

Forum Access- they have identified the security issue and it is slated to be worked on. He'll keep me posted.

im home and nothing broken! yay! hand is wrapped for now. need to make sure to unwrap 2-3 a day to move it, but all soft tissue bruising.

messed up my day a bit. lol and my typing...

praying for lawson! scary for him and family!
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(18), Rebekah(16), Julianne(11), Jonathan(8)and Joshua(4)

Shay — good news! Sorry you’re hurting but thankful nothings broken

Dh just texted — definitely going to
    Visit his mom . Leaving in about 39 minutes

Hello-

Thanks for the nice welcome back here .

Heather- glad you are back home and safe!

Paige- praying for Lawson! What is wrong with people? Did they catch the person? Can't remember what you said..

Shay- glad you are home and nothing is broken!

Jekka- We just took the doors off of our coat closet a few months ago. It is in our laundry room off the garage. It is so much easier to just grab what you need and we are keeping it neater .

Cindy- thanks. He is taking geology, political science, calculus, and ethics. He is enjoying it. Ds15 is being pretty good about doing his exercises for dyslexia. Can you recommend anything for me? It is a tough age to begin with...one day at a time.

Michelle- that's a lot of rain! We have more snow today. Glad dh took ds today!

- - - Updated - - -

Angela- how sweet of you to offer to help that new mom. I am sure she felt loved!

Today so far:
    I got ready,
    got ds18 ready and stretched
    fed ds18 and ate breakfast
    cleaned kitchen
    dh taught me how to run the snow blower- it snowed all night and is still snowing
    texted friend about carpool to classes this morning. decided to keep ds15 home.
    Start by doing what is necessary, then do what is possible , and suddenly you are doing the impossible. St. Francis of Assisi
    Phrase 2014: Engage, Embrace, Enjoy

Paige: Oh my. That is awful. Praying for Lawson and his loved ones.

Shay: good news! Good nothing is broken. Get better.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason