Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thursday DECLUTTERING!

Default Thursday DECLUTTERING!

This Week's Challenge: Kitchens- organize, hoe out, clean, make food, store food, clean storage areas, etc.

School Challenge: Tame school flat surfaces.

Inspiring Thought:
    A book is a loaded gun in the house next door...Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? - Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451

For me today:
    • school time
    • planner updates- planner school
    • school planning
    • play ticket to ride with E
    • make cookies- possibly or maybe it should be pie! (Happy Pi Day!)
    • enjoy a little POH time- it's supposed to get near 60 today
    • blog work- plenty on the list
    • tidy up the first floor
    • laundry
    • choir/movies- kids are going to the new Marvel movie while Dan and I go to choir

That's probably good for today. With E being home, I'm trying not to overload my days. I'll get R after her 1pm class (I think) so she can spend time with us. Last I heard, she doesn't have a fashion collective meeting today. Those are at 5 on Thursdays usually, but the fashion show is over and though it would make sense to have a debriefing it doesn't sound like it will be today at least.

Have a fabulous day!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Good morning, all!

Heather -- glad you found your folder Enjoy cookies/pie!

Robin -- hope ya'll are okay. Glad you didn't lose power! Hope Belle was okay in the storms last night!

Everyone else

Here:
    -- prep for weather -- MICHELLE, hope ya'll will be okay -- I think most of it will be north of us, and you're probably in the middle of it!!! Very stormy and possible tornados. Getting the storm room/aka laundry room cleaned out.
    -- just ordered Cale a suit on clearance at Belk -- he needs it for formal/hs prom and wants it for church meetings. At least I found a nice one for $60 (on sale from $350 ).

-- school needs to happen

-- Cale is currently mowing grass ahead of the weather -- it needs cutting, but it's been so wet

-- laundry -- get that moving. Fold clothes. Iron -- dh was asking for certain pants today that are just sitting on the pile on the ironing board.....

-- supper?
    Make a plan

-- try to organize a few kitchen things.

Ya'll have a great day!
    Wife to Jim and Mama to Katie (1/01), Mattie (9/02), Cale (4/05), and Ben (8/08)

Good Morning Ladies,

Hw - So glad you found the folder!

Michelle - Praying for safety during the storm for you and your community!

Paige - Way to go on the suit deal!

WE are hosting missional community tonight (what our church calls small groups) and I am also leading the discussion. Thankfully, someone else is bringing the dessert and Dan is going to pick up dinner.

Goals for today:
    school
    clean up
    good attitude

so far:
    Bible reading
    breakfast
    got kids started on their chores and also math
    messages regarding women's ministry
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Good morning! It's beautiful out there! And... Happy Pi Day!

The roads are clear enough that DH was able to get into work , but lots of roads are closed. Lots and lots of stranded motorists on the highways. As of 3:00 yesterday afternoon, one of my friends out east had 4 foot drifts.

Boyo is out doing his shoveling job. When he gets in, we will do school. I have breakfast pies in the oven. We will eat one and save one for this afternoon. After school, we will do a bit of housekeeping, and then Boyo's friend will come over for board games and pie. Meanwhile, I will be working on the resource room, doing emails and social media pushes for prom and shirt sales and soccer, prepping dinner, and working in the basement room.

My last 2 projects are on hold; they are complete except for the hardware, which I had to order and am waiting for, so I hope to graph out my design for my next project. Weather permitting, I will get the lumber and do the build on it this weekend.

Belle made it safely to her house job around 4 this morning. I believe that's the end of her shifts this week. Whew! She'll come over here for dinners, but the rest of the time will be hanging out over at the house studying. Lots of continuing education in her job. She might come over this afternoon to play some games, though. Anyway, this job should end Sunday, so when she gets off work Monday morning, she'll come here instead of there.

Heather, enjoy your family time!

Paige, because it's Pi Day, I will make spaghetti pie (similar to this) tonight. If you don't have another plan, it's fun to do. Be safe in all the weather!

Angela, enjoy your mc time tonight.

Have a wonderful day, friends!
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Heather -- Enjoy the day with E!!

Paige -- Awesome deal!!

Angela -- hope the meeting goes well tonight. You are awesome for hosting

Robin -- YIKES on the roads! What projects have you done lately? I love hearing about your projects.

Crazy winds and rain last night. Calmed for a little bit this morning (before sunrise). Went back to bed and woke to bright sunshine & blue skies....in the front of the house and DARK skies behind the house. And the CRAZY wind is back. Now the front has lots of dark clouds blowing by.

The weather radio went off twice in the dark morning hours. Flash flood and tornado watch. But I am very thankful for my weather radio.

Between the radio, crazy dreams and bad headache I didn't sleep much last night. But I am thankful for the sleep I did get.

Oh yesterday I was sitting at my picture table and glanced out the window. There was an eagle soaring around! Went out and watched. Ended up being 2 of them. They would fly around then land in trees and sit awhile and fly again. Very cool.

The lake we go for outdoor classroom has lots of eagles, mostly bald eagles but some golden eagles. These were golden eagles I saw.

My list, I thought about it last night but didn't actually write it down and this morning I don't remember. So I just pick a spot and work.

Oh here comes the rain again.

Have a GREAT day!!
    Be thankful for what you have. Be creative. Be innovative.. Think differently and positively.
    Wife to Brian and Mama to 20yo ds, 17yo ds

Michelle, thanks!

I saw a satellite view of the storm and apparently it's the same one affecting all of us.

The projects:I cut, sanded and stained some #3 pine 1x4s. One group of them, I attached together and hinged on the wall in our family room. It blocks an ugly thing that I can't do anything about (think utility access). As soon as the hardware comes in, I will hang a wreath on it. The other group I used to make a pair of faux shutters. They will attach to the sides of the upper cabinets that flank the kitchen window over my sink. My kids mugs will hang on these shutters instead of taking up valuable real estate in the cabinets. I'll post pictures when they're finished. Next up: a neighbor gave me the headboard and foot board from an antique four poster double bed. It's broken and she was going to throw it away. Um, no. I am going to turn it into a storage bench. I've had the thing for almost two years, and finally "saw it in my mind" this week and am ready to get to work on it.

Heather, we have been looking for R's tutorial on Masterpiece Society and can't find it.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 14yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin- It's under the seasonal set of classes and click into Holidays. Then find Pi Day and enjoy!

Stay safe in the storm, everyone!

So far:
    • made a lunch
    • campus run
    • blog work- worked on a post, answered an email, and discussed some things with other bloggers
    • made breakfast for the boys
    • folded three loads of laundry
    • started today's laundry
    • opened up the windows in the boys' room- it was stuffy in there this morning. Since it's 50, I can air it out!
    • worked in my main planner
    • discussed summer jobs with E- there is a science writing job at the Lab of Ornithology he would be perfect for.

Ok...two are playing an involved scenario is Memoir 44. I'm going to do Algebra with the other kid and make that art tool. Don't judge.
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Robin -- can't wait to see the pictures!

So far:
    • coffee - thought about 2nd cup but I only made a little and both boys drank some. Decided I didn't need it anyway
    • watched weather, out window and on tv
    • text with mom, stepmom & friends
    • fixed & ate lunch
    • sat on porch
    • washed dishes
    • cleaned out fridge - had some leftovers I needed to freeze
    • washed more dishes
    • worked on pictures
    • opened few windows

It has been warm (70's) all day. Now the rain has past and the sun is out but the wind is still crazy. Temps suppose to drop tonight (be about 25* colder tomorrow). Decided now would be a great time to open a couple windows and let the house air.

Michelle- Fabulous that the storm has passed. We have 60* today and 66* tomorrow. Glorious! Then it gets into the 30s again over the weekend. Spring is on its way!

Update:
    • Algebra is finished- must check it over
    • talked over an English assignment with I
    • picked up R
    • had dishwasher loaded and run
    • made a list for this week's blog email- subject to change
    • put together a pot roast in the IP- woot!
    • shared some more fashion design pictures on social media- my blog pages now
    • reposted an Instagram photo of R's design- taken by the photographers at the show. Spectacular!
    • took an Audible survey- I'm like on a committee of some sort and I take the surveys. I hope there will be goodies involved at some point. I also might not be the typical user so there's that.

E is sleeping. R is out for a walk. I certainly hope it fills her to the brim!

The kids are looking forward to the movie tonight. They want J to go, but he hates movie theaters. We'll see how this pans out. Dan and I will be going to choir.

I'm going to enjoy the POH while I can!

I just want to report that I have cut the art tool to the correct size and marked off the places where I need to cut it to make a frame.

That is all.

Now to the POH!