Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Monday DECLUTTERING!

My mom just called. I forgot all about moving day.
    My great aunt, Dolly, is being moved across town (they are moving Memory Care to a new building so the nursing hime can expand into the entire facility she is currently in).
    Mom is there arranging things. The room is smaller than what sheis currently in (which is plenty small). So I'm going to help mom figure out what to arrange and what to pack up.
    Mom to Silas (13), Cedric (11), Aria (9) Titus (7)

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

Good morning! It's been so busy around here! I tried to catch my breath yesterday.

Last week was school and dance. I spent 5 hours Wed and Thurs each night to take orders for flowers. We got 1 more order in that time. Grrr!!! Friday, there was chiro appts, food shopping and school. We also collected some sap and I started the RO going. Julie was supposed to have softball practice, but when I got there, I was told they cancelled. Coach felt bad she forgot to call me. Sigh...

Saturday, we collected the rest of the sap and pulled all the maple taps. Rod spent the day running the RO and boiling it down. We finished the season YAY! and have 7 gallons of sweet maple syrup! Yum! I'm going to try to turn some into maple sugar. While he did that, I cleaned both fridges(so bad!), Bekah cleaned the mudroom and pantry, Juls and Jon cleaned the bonus room and cleared the table, and Josh worked in his room "some" and then I went up and helped him. Bekah helped with their laundry, sorting clean from dirty. Sigh... I also did some admin stuff at my desk in regards to dance and flower fundraising.

Sunday was supposed to be relax day, but Rod wanted to go out to lunch just the two of us. So we did and then ran some errands while out. I did some Bunny shopping and he couldn't understand what took me so long. Says the guy who has never assembled a basket, let alone 5. We did relax the rest of the day. Bekah has been in a cooking mood this weekend. She made homemade fettucine and Italian sausage Saturday and then made homemade ravioli yesterday for the freezer. She volunteered to make dinner and made waffles and bacon. No complaints from me!

Today, ugh. Rain came through last night and between rain and melting snow, it's a mess! We also have flood watches for the rivers. The basement pump has been running constantly and our yard is a swamp. The barn is too. Blah.

-animals done
    -house chores done
    -back to barn for the cow. I guess the calf is weaning. I had to go milk Jessie out.
    -school, somewhat
    -lunch
    -dance, last day of dance classes!! It's a snow day make-up from last week. Then the rest of this week off, next week is full of recital rehearsals and then recital and local dance is DONE! Bangor goes through the end of May.

Not sure how much will get done today. I am SO unmotivated! Blah.

Ohhh, ohh! Saturday was GORGEOUS! I think it might have hit 70! So much snow melted and grassy areas became visible! And the garden too! On Sunday, I noticed the rhubarb has poked it's leafy heads up and today the snow has crept away some more and I can see chives and green onions. Spring IS coming! It has NOT forsaken us!

And if you think of me, prayer would help. This time of year is so wonderful with everything waking from it's winter slumber, but also hard. Friday and Saturday were very hard foe me. I miss my mom and normally, I'd be calling with updates and talking about my garden plans(she loved my garden) and we'd be making plans as to when she'd come during the summer. Summer is when my mom and stepdad would come up for weeks at a time. After he passed 4 years ago, she came up, but not as often. This year, neither will be here. It's hard.
    Shay, wife to Rod and mom to Nathaniel(23), Benjamin(20), Nicholas(19), Rebekah(16), Julianne(12), Jonathan(9)and Joshua(4)

Good morning! It's 67 degrees here but the day can't decide between cloudy and sunny.

We had piano lessons this morning, then I went to the gym for an assessment. Girls, I think I can do this! On the way home, I stopped at the pharmacy and picked up Elvis' meds. Belle is home sick today. This is the first time she's been sick in over 2 years - a pretty big deal.

I am going to "putter clean" today - walk around and clean and declutter what I see - work on the areas that are starting to get out of hand. We leave at 3:00 for a soccer game. It's only about 29 miles away but due to traffic, it will take an hour fifteen at the very least.

We had a bit of drama in our house a couple of weeks ago. P loves to watch BBC dramas, and has several in her "almost memorized" category: Larkrise to Candleford, Pride & Prejudice, Cranford, Emma, Sense & Sensibility. She was watching on Prime, and they removed them all from Prime to BritBox and wanted us to pay that additional monthly cost. Um. P's response was a wailing "They have removed my life from Amazon!" with her hand across her brow. K was thinking about using that as her senior quote. Anyway, Saturday was P's birthday. We got her the DVD's for several of her faves. The Cranford ones came in a boxed set with "North and South" and "Wives and Daugters," neither of which we had watched. P started Saturday night with N&S. Loves it. I am so glad; she (and we!) needed something new.

Tomorrow I hope to get back on track with school.

Shay, I'm sorry. I understand. My dad was an avid veggie gardener, and I have been gardening my entire adult life. When Daddy died, I planted as usual that spring, and didn't set foot in the garden again. DH ended up taking over gardening. It's just not as... I don't know. I miss being able to share it with Daddy. I'm sorry you are experiencing this too.
    Robin, wife for 22 years to a wonderful man, and mama to 20yo Belle; 18yo Kitty; 15yo Princess, and 12yo Boyo.
    Words for 2015 and 2016 and probably forever: Be her.

Robin - I havent watched that many BBC dramas, but I have watched "North and South" and it is amazing!

Shay - Praying for you friend.

Jekka - That was nice of you to go help.

Notre Dame - Did you see that the cathedral is on fire? Unbelievable! I had always hoped to see it in person, I hope that they can salvage it.

I"m off to make dinner, but will try to check in later.
    Loving, learning, and living in central VA with my adventurous husband of 14 years and our three children.

Shay: praying for you through this difficult season.

Robin: The drama over dramas. Oh my! Really, I'm frustrated with Prime continually packaging and boxing up an extra $15 here and there everything. It is annoying.

Angela: Yes, Notre Dame was a place i always wanted to visit as well. Super sad for Paris.

Look on education as something between the child's soul and God ~ Charlotte Mason

So far:
    FIAR
    Board game (he chose Monopoly )
    Basic cleaning
    Meats in fridge
    Helped arrange great-aunt's new room

I hope i can get through my list.
    I spent a few good hours at the memory care facility. They were having a "Spring Cleaning" party. Lots of relatives, games, pizza, locals there moving everyone's things in. Staff was visiting with and playing games with residents while families and volunteers booked it to move and arrange everyone's room. Local movers made sure everyone's rooms got unpacked if relatives weren't able to make it. They were all great. A volunteer even fixed Dolly's broken bed frame, wasn't a safety issue, but he insisted to make it look nicer.

Just typed up a response and it disappeared on my when I miss hit a button. I'll try again.

AR- It was awful watching the coverage of the fire. So, so sad.

Jekka
    - Nice move in day. It is a new place or why were so many moving at once?

Robin- Rats. I had always wanted to watch P & P on Prime. Oh well!

Shay- I'm so sorry about you are feeling down. Next month will be one year since my dad passed. I can't believe it. And sometimes, I still can't believe he's gone.

Since earlier: (how did I not update at all today really?)
    • made sure powder room got clean
    • uploaded microscope videos to You tube- still working on this but did some throughout the day on dh's computer
    • prepped dinner
    • worked with boys on Algebra I & II
    • gave school instructions to both boys
    • read aloud- this morning. Started a new book- The Horse and His Boy (I don't remember the end of that one...only the beginning)
    • watched a blog training video
    • cleaned the kitchen
    • prepped for life group
    • life group- we only meet twice a month but we meet 3 hours usually
    • started laundry- and remembered that I haven't switched it. I have to do that now. Stink.

Now it's time to read again with the boys. We started Peter Nimble and His Fantastic Eyes last night. Not sure I liked it.

Have a great night!
    Heather wife to Dan and embracing the independent nature of homeschooling with our fantastic four (20 ds, 18 dd, 16 ds, 13 ds).

Heather: they moved the entire memory care unit to a new building. So all the residents were relocated today, all elderly people who have varying degrees of dementia.