Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to Make an Apple Pie...DVD

Default How to Make an Apple Pie...DVD

I just wanted everyone to know that you can get How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World on Reading Rainbow! Lavar Burton adds in a whole introductory chapter in the beginning of every Reading Rainbow DVD, and ties in the book with other interesting topics, field trips, etc. It's like a mini unit study on DVD. We use them a lot.

You can get the Reading Rainbow through inter-library loan by going to the reference desk, and they can order it from all over the country, if your county does not carry them.

Thanks I think we are going to rerow this book in the fall! Our library has it!
    Michele, Mommy to Justin age 11 and Kaden age 8
    Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway.

Default Great!

nt

This seems like a great resource. Anyone know if other FIAR books also have corresponding Reading Rainbow videos?
    Beth
    Wife of Adam, mom of Nicholas (10) and Aidan (9).
    Two Oaks Academy - planted by the river, growing in His love

We have checked it out too. There is another reading rainbow dvd that goes along with THE RAFT----I think it was titled....3 on a river in a red?? canoe. It came with the dvd and a couple other books.

"Follow the Drinking Gourd", "Mrs. Katz and Tush", "Salamander Room" and "Little Nino's Pizzeria" have also been featured on Reading Rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by Prov31Sandra
    I just wanted everyone to know that you can get How to Make an Apple Pie and See the World on Reading Rainbow! Lavar Burton adds in a whole introductory chapter in the beginning of every Reading Rainbow DVD, and ties in the book with other interesting topics, field trips, etc. It's like a mini unit study on DVD. We use them a lot.

You can get the Reading Rainbow through inter-library loan by going to the reference desk, and they can order it from all over the country, if your county does not carry them.
    We went to the library today to finally get our cards, because we just moved here, and guess what they had! The Apple Pie video you are telling us about. It was sitting right there calling my name saying, borrow me, borrow me now! So I did!

I will watch it tonight after Top Chef!

Thanks for sharing
    Lynna
    Wife to Thomas for 22 years, Mother to Dylan 17 and Gabe 12.

Thumbs up Great! And thatnk you!

Hmmm.... don't know what happened - I was correcting a mistake when it posted!
    Last edited by SheilaB; 08-08-2007 at 11:05 PM.
    *To keep things in their proper perspective, just flip your telescope around! *

Thumbs up Great! And thank you!

I was coming in here to ask if there was a list of FIAR titles on DVD/VHS.
    *To keep things in their proper perspective, just flip your telescope around! *

Quote Originally Posted by Beth in FL
    This seems like a great resource. Anyone know if other FIAR books also have corresponding Reading Rainbow videos?
    Their are a lot of reading rainbow videos that tie into the fiar studies. We have used a lot of them over the years. Their is one on lighthouses that is great for The Little Red Lighthouse and Great Gray Bridge. On that same lighthouse video a man shows how to make a ship in a bottle which ties into Janes lesson for Arrabella (Vol 4). Their are some that tie in well to Gullywasher and Roxaboxen and Mrs. Katz and Tush is on Reading rainbow as it Katy I believe. I wish I could remember exact titles for you. You can search their site though.
    Jen, wife to Bryan of 20 years and mom to 6. In our 11th year of rowing while dealing with Fibromyalgia. Houston Bryant (17),Emmy-Anne (16), Annie Caroline (14), Natalie BreAnne (12), Ally Suzanne (10), and Camden Emery (8)