Thread: Jenny's Surprise Summer Alternative...

Exclamation Jenny's Surprise Summer Alternative...

Got an email from a fellow FIAR'er yesterday letting me know about a reprint of Jenny's Surprise Summer called Kittens for Keeps. Here is what she said...

Inside the cover is the note that Kittens for Keeps is adapted from the Little Golden Book, Jenny's Surprise Summer. The only difference - in book to book comparison - is that Kittens for Keeps is a Golden Step Ahead book, and the company included comprehension questions, a word list and workbook activitity suggestions. Otherwise, the words and pictures are the same. Over the years I have come across Kittens for Keeps about as much as Jenny's Surprise Summer. What caught my attention with the book is that they both share the same picture on the cover.

SO... for those of you collecting Before Titles- here's another lead to watch for.

Blessings,
    Publisher
    Five in a Row

"Here's the gospel: you're more sinful than you ever dared believe; you're more loved than you ever dared hope." Tim Keller

That's good to hear ... I thought we had a discussion once here and someone said the words had been simplified. Maybe they restored the original under the new title?

It's a great book so I am glad to hear it might be more easily available!
    Kristen, wife to Lysle and mom to Ted (11) and Maddy (8)

I have both books, and posted a comparison under the corresponding post on the Family Room board.
    Wendy, wife of Retired Air Force hubby Sid. Mom to school teacher Virginia, 28yo; Son-in-law Mark; Homeschool graduate and Graphic Artist John, 21 and remaining student Tim, 15.
    I can only do one thing well...You pick: Homeschool the kids, or Clean the house.

I just got my copy from Amazon used for $4 ($.01 for the book + $3.99 shipping); it does not have the workbook with it, but is in overall decent condition. I will keep my copy of Jenny's Surprise Summer too, for the actual story, but this one is a good one for the beginning reader.
    Jodi, married to my Best Friend and mom to two amazing boys, age 13 (AO Y7) and 9 (Prairie Primer)!
    Words for 2014: Tone * Intentional
    Family words for 2014: Edify * Content

Is there a library anyone knows of that has Jenny's Surprise Summer or Kittens for Keeps? I checked with my Library and they do not have either. Is there someone place I can borrow this book from? I had hoped to start with this book since its set in Summer and the start of school is still Summer. I find used copies for outrageous prices online and I can't afford that. I had planned to get the manual and all books be retained from the Library.

I had found mine through interlibrary loan (ILL).
    Jodi, married to my Best Friend and mom to two amazing boys, age 13 (AO Y7) and 9 (Prairie Primer)!
    Words for 2014: Tone * Intentional
    Family words for 2014: Edify * Content

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi B View Post
    I had found mine through interlibrary loan (ILL).
    I plan to go tomorrow and see if I can do a inter library loan for that book, if they can find it. I will look for Blueberries for Sal for the mean time to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi B View Post
    I just got my copy from Amazon used for $4 ($.01 for the book + $3.99 shipping); it does not have the workbook with it, but is in overall decent condition. I will keep my copy of Jenny's Surprise Summer too, for the actual story, but this one is a good one for the beginning reader.
    I found Kittens for Keeps cheap on Amazon but not ordering till I can see if the Jenny's surprise Summer can be loaned from the Library..
    At least I know I can find Kittens for Keeps cheap.

Thank you,
    Debbie