Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcome...

Exclamation Welcome...

The purpose is to talk about the issues facing parents whose children have graduated from FIAR and/or Beyond FIAR and are now in high school or college.

As always, it's a community for safe, "real" discussions and NOT a place for arguing. Potential land minds on this forum might include dating vs courtship, public school vs homeschool, etc.

As I've said so often, you're ALWAYS safe sharing "WHAT" you do or believe in, but you begin to tread on thin ice when you share "WHY" you do or believe in certain ways.

To say, "our family believes in dating" is appropriate, but to add, "... because anybody who doesn't believe in dating is stifling their children and dooming them to an arranged marriage destined to end in divorce" is a *NO NO*!!

You get the idea. Just behave the same way you did in all the other FIAR forums and we'll get along JUST FINE!

Enjoy,

Steve
    Publisher
    Five in a Row

"Here's the gospel: you're more sinful than you ever dared believe; you're more loved than you ever dared hope." Tim Keller

Wow! Thank you! We are a ways away from this reality, however, I'll enjoy reading this board just like the others.
    Wife to Music Man for 22 years; Mom to two miracles, dd, 15 and ds, 13
    "The LORD will fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace." Exodus 14:14 KJV

We are not quite here yet either but I will be checking in.
    Tracey in GA, vegetarian momma to 2 veggie eating teen girls in the south. We ain't got southern accents but we love sweet tea!

Thankyou Steve!!!
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Blessed to be a homeschooling Mom!
    dd 22 and dgs 1, dd 19, ds 17, dd 14, dd 9, ds 7, ds 6, ds 3

Thanks Steve - we are there! Will there be a board for FIAR grannies next? ( that's when we get to do all the things we didn't have time for the first time around!!)

My oldest grad (27) is married and made me a nana, my 2nd grad 25, my 3rd grad is almost 24 ( she is really enjoying fiar with her 7 yo brother - so many happy memories, since I used fiar with her!) Next is 22 and then 20 and 16 and 14, and I am still rowing happily along with my 11 and 7yo!
    Gail, blessed wife to 1, momma to 9, nana to 1 and clinging to the vine ~*~John15:4-9~

the world is our classroom, the classroom is not our world.

Happy Day!!!

I have three FIAR graduates! We completed three volumes plus all the Beyond FIARs. My oldest is 21 and is at NC State university where he is the Mr. Wuf mascot!

My middle, 19, is a freshman at community college and plans to transfer to Appalachian State Univ. spring semester 2012.

My youngest, almost 18, is finishing up his adult high school diploma at the local community college and is planning on joining the military as soon as he's done.

We loved our years with FIAR and still talk about our adventures when we get together.
    You can't scare me, I'm the mom of three boys!
    Andrew (married to Mary Kate), Joel, and Benjamin (US Marine)
    and now Kitty to Leah and Amelia!

Thank you so much for providing this board! We are just getting ready to start homeschooling high school, and I'm SO happy to have to place to chat about it with other FIAR moms.
    Amy - Happily married to Shane, blessed mama to DD 16yo, and DS 14, both FIAR Grads!

Yipeee!!! Thanks.
    Robin, wife to John for 22yrs. Mom to Olivia 19, Madison 16, and Wesley 13

I'm with Mary...WOW!
    Elysa Mac, Miss USA, Swaziland missionary & Mom of 7: 21 and 19 yod college coeds ,17yos guitarist, 16yos comedian,13yod future crazy-cat-lady, 11yos heart throb,& 9yod hobbit! Wife to hunky former green beret, present day SuperDad!

Smile

What's next???....Rowing with Grandchildren?!

Long live FIAR devotees!
    Kendall ~ Blessed Wife (Brian 9/94) & Mother ~ Ansley (4/99) & Reese (11/01)